Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neymar sent off for diving

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Have I got the wrong end of the stick again? I thought that Bolsonaristas had hijacked the yellow shirts (with green trim) not the green and yellow hoops. I have never seen yellow and green hoops before. On average during the WC it seemed that half the supporters were wearing plain yellow shirts with green trim and half were wearing green and yellow hoops.

From the Washington Post:

“I have a yellow shirt. I used to wear it,” Monteiro said, but “man, it’s very difficult [now]. The way they appropriated the shirt. It’s embarrassing to wear it. It’s become the symbol of the Brazilian extreme right.”
Yes, they did - the Bolsonaristas (and in fact the far right for years) appropriated the canarinho (the colours of the Brazilian flag) as the yellow and green colours of the party/political movement - I just thought the yellow and green stripes were a cheap WC variation of the canarinho for fans to buy to support the team without having to purchase a full strip shirt 🤷‍♂️

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Or "he's been clever there"
Our Broadband provider over charged us by nearly a tenner last month. I called to clarify, and indeed they had made a mistake. I was told we would get a credit on next month's bill.

Cue email..... 'Good news!, You've been awarded a credit on your next month's bill.'

:facepalm:

Wankers!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, they did - the Bolsonaristas (and in fact the far right for years) appropriated the canarinho (the colours of the Brazilian flag) as the yellow and green colours of the party/political movement - I just thought the yellow and green stripes were a cheap WC variation of the canarinho for fans to buy to support the team without having to purchase a full strip shirt 🤷‍♂️

Oh well. Never mind :lolol:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Oh well. Never mind :lolol:
Lol - I wasn’t saying I was right! I’ve not seen the green and yellow hoops either - maybe they are all part of a secret Bolsonarista movement started by Neymar in the 2018 WC that get very upset indeed if they see Da Silva supporters wearing the canarinho ! 😉

:drama:

8A4990E7-AE49-4756-8B83-C2D955167B53.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lol - I wasn’t saying I was right! I’ve not seen the green and yellow hoops either - maybe they are all part of a secret Bolsonarista movement started by Neymar in the 2018 WC that get very upset indeed if they see Da Silva supporters wearing the canarinho ! 😉

:drama:

View attachment 155149
Send him off!

Oh.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And if only it was called what it is - cheating - instead of nicey nicey 'simulation'!
If only.

Did sir dive?
No Ref, I took evasive action.
Who do you work for?
Qatar
Oh, nice, I have a holiday home there.

PEEP

PENALTY

Wink if you miss . . . See you on the beach!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely.

Or at least and have it listed along with goals, assists, etc. 'simulated 8 times last season'
Yes, this is the best suggestion I've seen in a long while!

End of season stats to include all cards and those for time wasting and diving to be separately noted so that fans and refs both know who's the worst offender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here