Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle v Chelsea thoughts?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thought the same thing about Newcastle last year but turned out signing three-four quality players does take you places.
Like a Senegal international, the world's most expensive full back and Aubameyang?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
There's been many a decent tune played on a cheap Fender copy (although I've favoured a cheap Gibson copy myself) ............. perhaps a more accurate analogy would be selling a genuine vintage Fender for £20M to somebody who hasn't got a clue what to do with it (or as far as Chelsea fans are concerned, what's a guitar needed for when you've got all the backing tracks you could ever need available on you I-phone).
Liking this analogy. But just maybe we sold them a Sunburst 59 Les Paul and they're complaining they've been ripped off because a string broke :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clearly ‘Frankie8Lampard’ hasn’t got the history memo

34 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:
Even if he has lost the dressing room, firing him will exactly send the wrong message we don't want to send. It will mean that player power persists in the club, and they can fire any manager they want.
I spotted that. Short memory …. Terry/Lampard/Cole saw several coaches out of the door, ‘having Abram’s ear’.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Look back over the last three seasons to see how many times we scored over two goals. Of course you can pluck a couple of performances but on average it was very low.
We definitely scored low on average, but we were always higher in the expected goals table, because we were creating chances. We've not had any particularly successful strikers though. I think it's inaccurate to say his teams don't score goals, and once things started to click here, we were scoring well enough.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Heard they had some chances, Potters style doesn’t commit enough bodies in the box to score a shed load.

I was thinking similar on, I think, 83 minutes, 1-0 down, Chelsea get forward on the right wing then look across and there's six to seven newcastled players across the screen and three other chelsea players. When you're looking for a goal that late in the game and only that many get forward it is very frustrating.

Very true.

When we scored one of our breakaway goals in the 4-1 win over The Chavs, RDZ had 6 Albion players in the box!

Did that happen under the Brummie?

View attachment 153623

But then again I do remember clearly the extra-time winner v Everton (at 2.20 below) when we had five players in the box for a Potterball break-away. I recall everyone then getting very excited and saying things along the lines of 'five players in the box, going all out for a win at the end of the game - would never have happened under Hughton'

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Their current run might well be enough to make Boehly think twice about coming back for any more of our players.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kind of yeah but pieces that fit each other rather than random good footballers
Well, I'm sure with both Kyle and Paul on board now they'll manage it in a couple of seasons or so. Let's hope Chelsea fans are good at taking the positives, seeing the bigger picture and getting on board the long term project.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well, I'm sure with both Kyle and Paul on board now they'll manage it in a couple of seasons or so. Let's hope Chelsea fans are good at taking the positives, seeing the bigger picture and getting on board the long term project.
I hope the Chelsea fans don’t expect a striker anytime soon, when will the mythical twenty goal a season striker be ridiculed at the Chelsea presser 🙄😂
Although maybe a bit harder to convince the Chelsea lot considering they’ve had Plenty of golden PL strikers over the years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a theory that is as likely as the flat earth‘s people

As we all know TB is a professional poker player. What if he wanted to replace Potter with DeZerbi all along.
hears a rumour that Thomas Tuchel was going to be chopped. Tells PB to go on talk sport and in every interview and big up GP. Chelsea owner falls for it and offers us what we want to take him. We look like wounded party and Tony get’s his man. A bit of a gamble, but would be bloody amazing if true. 😄
Like you say, as likely as the earth being flat. Funny though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But then again I do remember clearly the extra-time winner v Everton (at 2.20 below) when we had five players in the box for a Potterball break-away. I recall everyone then getting very excited and saying things along the lines of 'five players in the box, going all out for a win at the end of the game - would never have happened under Hughton'
Just watching those highlights again (what a cracking free-kick from Gross) and it wasn't only the last goal we got numbers forward. My memory of the last 6 months is that we'd regularly get lots forward and create chances. I'm not really sure what everyone's going on about, except enjoying the fact he's getting shit from Chelsea fans after stealing our staff.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where's the fake swede to tell us we are all wrong :moo:
Only saw the first half and then I went to party.

Wrong and wrong... about what?

Think the first half looked like it has for Chelsea in recent weeks. An incredibly leggy, wonky gang not able to compete.

I'm sure it will go better from them after the break. They'll never play this amount of games in this amount of time again so the worst is over for them in that sense.

But we take the positives. A happy night for Albionistas and the new-found buddies in Saudi Arabia.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sure they're as good as you are at that...

We'll see if Boehly lets the fans do the decision making. In that case they aren't going anywhere anytime.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Potter turned into a moaner which he didnt do with us. Number of games which is no different to other teams in Europe. Injuries despite able to have an outstanding bench yesterday, Getting booed at Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here