Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle v Chelsea thoughts?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Chelsea boss Graham Potter, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "It was a tough game for us. Losing Ruben and Aspi at half-time. You can see in the two teams the different schedules. Newcastle have one game a week and we have a tough schedule. That showed. But there were also too many enforced errors. We got through a few times but we didn't have enough quality.

Blaming the schedule now...
Poor Graham - I feel for you, I really do, shame you didn’t have quality on your bench to replace those two players and had to make do with Tiago Silva and Pulisic

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have a theory that is as likely as the flat earth‘s people

As we all know TB is a professional poker player. What if he wanted to replace Potter with DeZerbi all along.
hears a rumour that Thomas Tuchel was going to be chopped. Tells PB to go on talk sport and and every interview and big up GP. Chelsea owner falls for it and offers us what we want to take him. We look like wounded party and Tony get’s his man. A bit of a gamble, but would be bloody amazing if true. 😄
:lolol:

Didn't have you down as one of the crackers conspiracy theorists :wink:

No, I just think we had a very good succession plan. A bit of luck that RDZ was available but I imagine the club were delighted to land him, especially in that "mini break" brought on by the strikes and Queen's funeral.

The question is, what raid is next? Sanchez is clearly way better than either keeper they currently have and Trossard could only improve their attacking options. No doubt Winstano will be tapping up our South American scout right now. They really are Copy and Paste FC but at least, for now, they've copied a PowerPoint presentation and pasted it in an Excel formula.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That’s my kind of maverick outlandish theorising... I love it.

Obviously, it’s all plausible and doubtless true.

Those clever buggers, played Chelsea like a cheap fender copy whilst bar chording smoke on the water. Delicious.
There's been many a decent tune played on a cheap Fender copy (although I've favoured a cheap Gibson copy myself) ............. perhaps a more accurate analogy would be selling a genuine vintage Fender for £20M to somebody who hasn't got a clue what to do with it (or as far as Chelsea fans are concerned, what's a guitar needed for when you've got all the backing tracks you could ever need available on you I-phone).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Chelsea are having to put up with the same shit we had to put up all that time. Nowhere near enough men committed forward on the break. Not enough purpose on the passing. The result? Draws. More than anyone else for the time he was with us .... Or the odd 1-0 loss or 1-0 win. We've upgraded seriously with RDZ. Someone with the balls to maximise the potential of the squad.

We've been very very lucky Chelsea gave us all that money for him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I got over GP’s leaving after the Chelsea game ..loved the atmosphere and the result speaks for itself ..I enjoyed his time at our club..we improved as a team no end and WAS disappointed at him leaving etc…..but this bleating by Chelsea about injuries …you are having a laugh

Look at our subs bench for the match against Chelsea….just two players with any sort of PL experience…two who have played a few minutes in the PL …four who had never played in the PL at that point
  • 2Lamptey
  • 19Sarmiento
  • 20Enciso
  • 21Undav
  • 23Steele
  • 27Gilmour
  • 43Turns
  • 47Furlong
  • 49Moran

Now look at Chelsea’s bench today :facepalm:
  • 6Thiago Silva
  • 9Aubameyang
  • 10Pulisic
  • 13Bettinelli
  • 20Zakaria
  • 22Ziyech
  • 29Havertz
  • 32Cucurella
  • 56Hutchinson

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Does anybody else think that in the final 10 minutes some of Newcastle's challenges were appalling, their time wasting largely unpenalised, their coaching staff getting rather aggressive on the sideline, and the ref lost control?
If we'd suffered that... I'd be livid.
I agree

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Poor old Graham, he's got his own Chelsea Bun, tastes sweet to start with until you realise the centre is full of air and dried shrivelled up old fruits. And if you don't prepare it properly it rises but then sinks into a mess.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Very annoying how organised Howe has got Newcastle so soon after the takeover though
He is second only to Guardiola IMO, arguably even better given his relative player resource. Gotta say I don’t like the smug label, he is realistic and straightforward. Best defensive record in PL with defensive players that are no better than ours.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
"Come awn guys, let's back the coach ok guys, Gram Pawter In guys"

In all seriousness, Chelsea will be back scoring touchdowns soon I'm sure

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
.....and a Happy Christmas to all the merry revisionists on here too!

Potter was rubbish, is rubbish, always will be rubbish, yes? Tick

Good luck with your next projects ......................
Nelsn lost the Battle of Trafalgar? .... Tick
William the Conqueror was smashed to smithereens stupidly trying to win a battle near Hastings? - Tick
Trump didn't lose the election? - Tick
Injecting Domestos cures Covis? - Tick................

Lol......you have been one of the boards more stupid posters for some time now.

Give it up.

Pop Swansman into his bed and sing him a lullaby. He,ll be hurting tonight.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I would find it hilarious that Chelsea is struggling regardless of who the coach is, but yes does it make it better that Potter is there and is doing so. He may not have meant to come off as sarcastic about us as he has been, but that is the way it has been perceived. I think most Chelsea fans saw him as their savior, and he might yet get them going in the direction they think they deserve to be in, but boy I am going to laugh my ass off until that happens.:lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lol......you have been one of the boards more stupid posters for some time now.

Give it up.

Pop Swansman into his bed and sing him a lullaby. He,ll be hurting tonight.
......and you are one of the mist prattish. Can't remember why I took you off ignore. Probably because I decided 'ignore' should only be used for utter c*nts, and other vaguely offensive posters shouldn't be kept permanently on ignore.

Oh well, back you go .............................

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here