Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That was absolutely beautiful and clinical as ****. Bruce and his team dissected piece by little piece as the flat nosed cabbage victim had to tear up every single page of his playbook.

The red was disappointing, but come on. That’s brilliant. That’s Potterball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Brilliant performance from the whole team today, except Ryan as he had nothing to do. Lamptey, Bissouma, Maupay all excellent and Ben White quietly went about his business calmly and assuredly. Hopefully this is a taste of the season to come.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Loving this pic after AC goal, the subs equally as delighted. Great team spirit.

e2a324e2-097f-4e5b-bc63-23bd96efa35a.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
After the showing from the stiffs on Thursday and that we’re not going down. Not a chance.
I’m not being reactionary- we have so much quality all over the pitch. Another striker and I’d fancy us top ten.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sorry, have they actually interviewed Potter and Bruce or have they gone straight into their w&&& feast?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Chickening out of second yellows is a thing in Sweden is it? :wink:

Nah, its quite English. One of the leagues with the lowest numbers of cards.

Sure, I could agree Lascalles should have gotten a second but its debatable. The ref made no obvious mistakes though. Just like a player wont get 100% of his passes correct, refs are not going to get 100% of their decisions correct, but this guy got fairly close.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Description of Connolly's goal from The Chronicle (local Geordie rag).....

84 mins: GOAL! BRIGHTON
Maupay is allowed to drive forward, the defence backing off all the time.

There is so much space.

Connolly gets the ball off Maupay, and has time to order a Greggs before he fires home. :lolol:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
And today is why I feel this way.

What an incredible manager we have and what a team we are building. To play like that away from home in the Premier League. Stunning.

I've loved him from the beginning (that above post wasn't serious BTW). It was great seeing the defence last season not hopelessly hoofing it up field plus us keeping hold of possession especially after how negative we'd become the season before. Last season was Potter knocking out that deep rooted negative style out of our game which we started seeing come to completion in the last 3rd of that season. This season is us turning that possession and composure on the ball into winning games and dominating teams.

Potter is a genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here