Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Yves Bissouma chant for tomorrow

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Until I read this thread, I thought the booing came from the Spurs fans not agreeing with the substitution.:shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And then we’ll love him again but for now - wanker (see also Glenn Murray).

The fickle nature of being a football fan!

Not really, no. Its entirely possible to think "this guy used to play for us and we'd probably be relegated two seasons ago without him" about an ex-player and then not boo him and still be a football fan. I've seen it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t see me ever booing Biss. He certainly didn’t look like a player enjoying his football yesterday, shame.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Went for a massive bet builder yesterday with a free bet, and Biss getting booked was the only bit that came in :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Brighton fans, some still clap when they hear the attendance figure. He joined in the celebrations when they scored and numbnuts still clapped him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Apparently moving on to a new club outweighed years of him fighting for the team... pretty classless to boo him tonight.

I notice it’s been mentioned numerous times, but you’re choosing to ignore it, some people booed, it wasn’t like it was thousands of people berating Bissouma. Obviously you weren’t there though so have a far better grasp of the situation than those of that go to the matches.
Some people booed Ben White when he returned with Arsenal, after the game he walked around and clapped the Albion fans, again, I was there so you probably have a better account of that too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I notice it’s been mentioned numerous times, but you’re choosing to ignore it, some people booed, it wasn’t like it was thousands of people berating Bissouma. Obviously you weren’t there though so have a far better grasp of the situation than those of that go to the matches.
Some people booed Ben White when he returned with Arsenal, after the game he walked around and clapped the Albion fans, again, I was there so you probably have a better account of that too.

"Some people" are pretty much enough though for someone to maybe not feel welcome back.

Yeah, you go to matches, I'm very impressed (have a cookie) etc. but as we live in a world with lovely audiovisual technology, it is quite easy to reflect on things that you can hear and/or see.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
"Some people" are pretty much enough though for someone to maybe not feel welcome back.

Yeah, you go to matches, I'm very impressed (have a cookie) etc. but as we live in a world with lovely audiovisual technology, it is quite easy to reflect on things that you can hear and/or see.

Some people clapped him, some people did nothing, and some people boo'd. No big deal. It's an ex-player coming back to play against us, he's bound to get some sort of attention. From where I was sitting it was much more some people giving him a cheeky bit panto villain style stick, rather than anything aggressive.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Yet despite having audio visual technology we still have a strange willingness to misrepresent the truth, like the insistence that Potter was met with a cacophony of boos after the Leeds game, again, as I was there (I’ll enjoy my cookie later) so know how much it was blown out of proportion. I’ll always trust my own judgement rather than those who judge from afar.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Read that some Arsenal fans were getting pissy thinking Tottenham had nicked "their" Saliba chant.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:facepalm:

Oh and how often have you seen posts on here from people like yourself watching a game on tv…complaining about lack of atmosphere…and yet those at the game saying actually it wasnt that bad…..ye audio is good, but there aren’t 30k microphones!

Sometimes Swanny its maybe best to bow to the knowledge of those who were there

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yet despite having audio visual technology we still have a strange willingness to misrepresent the truth, like the insistence that Potter was met with a cacophony of boos after the Leeds game, again, as I was there (I’ll enjoy my cookie later) so know how much it was blown out of proportion. I’ll always trust my own judgement rather than those who judge from afar.

:facepalm:

Oh and how often have you seen posts on here from people like yourself watching a game on tv…complaining about lack of atmosphere…and yet those at the game saying actually it wasnt that bad…..ye audio is good, but there aren’t 30k microphones!

Sometimes Swanny its maybe best to bow to the knowledge of those who were there

No one has said anything about a "cacophony of boos". There were boos. That is the fact whether you were on the Amex, in front of the TV or on Mars.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

I remember when Andy Ritchie came back to the Goldstone with Scarborough in 1996. The Argus did an article with him saying how the club had a strong place in his heart and he still had an affinity with the fans.

At the game, Scarborough win a corner and Ritchie comes over the the North Stand for the first time. Bloke in front of me shouts, “Oi, baldy, fark orfffff!”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here