Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Yves Bissouma chant for tomorrow

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's the very, very last player who I'd want our fans to be winding up tomorrow, to be honest.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Show me the way to go home,
I'm tired of just sitting on the bench,
I had some minutes a few days ago,
But I dream of The Amex,
I'm gonna pull out my phone,
And call up Uncle Tone,
I'll say 'It's Yves Bissouma I've made a mistake,
Show me the way to go home.'

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No way am I having a go at Biss tomorrow. Yves was a great player for us and I didn't begrudge him the move, he was fairly clear with the club about his plans and as a result we ended up with a decent fee for a player who was in effect winding down his contract.

No idea why Conte hasn't been able to find a place for him, their midfield was dogsh*t against Arsenal last week.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Show me the way to go home,
I'm tired of just sitting on the bench,
I had some minutes a few days ago,
But I dream of The Amex,
I'm gonna pull out my phone,
And call up Uncle Tone,
I'll say 'It's Yves Bissouma I've made a mistake,
Show me the way to go home.'

I like that :clap2::clap2:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
You should have stayed at a big club... (if we beat them)

Ha. Indeed. Some of the pre-emptive chants make me a bit nervous. The 'he left cos your shìt' Lallana one at Anfield at 0-2 was giving me the heebie jeebies. Even he was giving it the 'please dont' hands as he was warming up.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Hope Biss gets a great reception tomorrow, he went about his move in the right way and was fantastic for us. Lots of Spurs fans expecting them to lineup in a 352, so wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I dunno, whenever anyone brings up Bissouma being on the bench as if he should regret going, I just look at our bench and see Undav, Mitoma, Colwill, Gilmour sat there not getting starts (and in some cases, not getting on the pitch).

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Bissouma left us on reasonably good terms and should be given a warm reception unlike Cucurella (more his agent) for initiuating a move away and Maupay saying he's moved to a bigger and better club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's the very, very last player who I'd want our fans to be winding up tomorrow, to be honest.
Really? I reckon winding up a 90 minute player is likely to be more damaging than winding up someone who plays on average *checks notes* 22 minutes.

To be fair, I always liked Bissouma. Just think it's amusing when players cock off for more money and the UCL, only to be reduced to bit part players. Cucurella has gone the same way (highly amusing, as his departure was far more disappointing).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No animosity from me for any of the recent departures. All gave their best for us when here.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Left us to play Champions League football. He's now done that, an 85th minute sub appearance against an already beaten 10 man Marseille. Ambition acheived then.

Conte, bewilderingly, just keeps picking Hojberg and Bentancur in front of him. Apart from one start when one of them was injured, he averages 5-10 minutes at the end of the game. I had presumed that Conte signed him because of his part in our midfield domination of them in the away game last season, but it seems from his stupid comments about YB's defending, that he may have been fixated on his attacking second half performance in the FA Cup game. Had he gone elsewhere, he'd almost certainly now be starting for Liverpool, Man United or Chelsea. He has always struck me as a player who needs to be loved by his manager and he seems to have gone somewhere where he's not going to get that love.

The most appropriate song would seem to be Cher's 'If I Could Turn Back Time.'

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

I agree, he was on last year of his contract and we decided to cash in. OK he could of sign a new one but he had an offer at differnet club, he did not strop to get a move so to me he has done nothing wrong.

Now Cucu is fair game only one year in to a four year contract and threw a strop to get a big move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here