Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Yves Bissouma chant for tomorrow

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
i think the lesson from the departures of Biss and Cucu is a sobering one for players leaving a big fish, small pond situation. If the assumption (dangerous I know) was that both thought that they quite quickly establish themselves in the first teams and be playing European football .

Both have secured their financial futures going from very wealthy to in reality unimaginable wealth for the majority of us. You cant blame them for that, but they are now average fish in an ocean full of much bigger ones and whilst being stand out players for us they are now having to fight to get in the squad. This will inevitably mean their profile drops, and for Cucurella especially threatens his progression into the international squad. Had he stayed , he would be playing and showing the Spain manager week in week out what he could do, and would continue to progress. Now he finds himself out of the limelight and however well he trains, its not the same as game time

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Cucu is not in the same position as Biss. He has just missed a game or two because of illness. He can play in a few positions and will continue to get minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if Potter moves Koulibaly to the right and brings him into a back three tomorrow.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Dur dur dur dur dur due dur,
Dur dur dur dur,
etc etc
Caicedo!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
D-d-d-daaa-da, d-d-daaa-da,
D-d-d-d-d-d-da
Benchwarma!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Or we could be classy

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's the very, very last player who I'd want our fans to be winding up tomorrow, to be honest.

This.

I was thinking earlier, probably the most effective way to get at former players (less so managers), is give them love and affection, to put them in a potential spin about how they are going to perform. A rousing rendition of the 'Bissouma' chant while he's warming up (from the bench, quite possibly) might just put him off his game...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Bissouma was a superb servant for us, worked hard, became a top top player for us and gave his all. He was sold for a good price and went to a bigger club, why would we want to make fun of him? It makes me sad to see him on the bench to be honest.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm hoping we'll have the opportunity to sing "Bizzy Bizzy what's the score? Bizzy, what's the score?"

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
How immature is this...!!!

He gave four years of his life for this club, and the last two years were arguable his best, and now some little git wants to insult him for trying to get a better life for himself.
What is wrong with trying to get more money for yourself in the limited amount of time that you have playing at that level?

People have :shit: attitudes sometimes on this forum, and this is one of the worst ones I have seen. I hope people can be mature enough tomorrow and welcome him back as he doesn't deserve anything else.

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Show me the way to go home,
I'm tired of just sitting on the bench,
I had some minutes a few days ago,
But I dream of The Amex,
I'm gonna pull out my phone,
And call up Uncle Tone,
I'll say 'It's Yves Bissouma I've made a mistake,
Show me the way to go home.'

This is impressive! Well done

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Had he gone elsewhere, he'd almost certainly now be starting for Liverpool, Man United or Chelsea.

I'm still surprised that neither Liverpool nor Utd went for him. He was available, they certainly had the budget and, as we've seen this season, they're both weak in midfield. He'd certainly have got regular game time with Klopp.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I reckon Bissouma will start tomorrow. Dier seen limping off the team coach, and although he has been playing centre back under Conte, I can see him wanting to shore up the midfield against us. Dier is usually the one to step up, and they don’t have anyone in midfield who drops really, so it would be the perfect game for him to come into their side.

Plus, obviously, if Conte feels he has something to prove when better than against his former club.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I'm still surprised that neither Liverpool nor Utd went for him. He was available, they certainly had the budget and, as we've seen this season, they're both weak in midfield. He'd certainly have got regular game time with Klopp.
United are still picking McTominay even though they signed Casemiro who they've left sitting on the bench.
Didn't Bissouma say he wanted to live in London?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This.

I was thinking earlier, probably the most effective way to get at former players (less so managers), is give them love and affection, to put them in a potential spin about how they are going to perform. A rousing rendition of the 'Bissouma' chant while he's warming up (from the bench, quite possibly) might just put him off his game...
More fun to get him going and then change it to Mitoma at the end.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I reckon Bissouma will start tomorrow. Dier seen limping off the team coach, and although he has been playing centre back under Conte, I can see him wanting to shore up the midfield against us. Dier is usually the one to step up, and they don’t have anyone in midfield who drops really, so it would be the perfect game for him to come into their side.

Plus, obviously, if Conte feels he has something to prove when better than against his former club.

A lot of Spurs fans also think that Conte might change it up and go 4-3-3 tomorrow. My guess is that this is wishful thinking. He'll stick to the plan.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How immature is this...!!!

He gave four years of his life for this club, and the last two years were arguable his best, and now some little git wants to insult him for trying to get a better life for himself.
What is wrong with trying to get more money for yourself in the limited amount of time that you have playing at that level?

People have :shit: attitudes sometimes on this forum, and this is one of the worst ones I have seen. I hope people can be mature enough tomorrow and welcome him back as he doesn't deserve anything else.
Christ almighty he was on £40k a week, four years of that should set anyone half sensible up for life.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
United are still picking McTominay even though they signed Casemiro who they've left sitting on the bench.
Didn't Bissouma say he wanted to live in London?

The fact that they signed Casemiro indicates that they needed someone to play that role. Just don't understand why they didn't go for someone who was younger and had PL experience - he'd probably have been cheaper too.

I hadn't seen that about London but I'm sure that the extra salary paid would have helped soften the blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here