Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Don't mean to be negative, but I just can't see us getting anyone. Too many summers supporting the Albion I guess. I know things are different now but I'm just too used to being told we will get someone by the deadline and we never do!

But now we are top of the championship, and have Gus (and Tony) so things have never been looked better for getting players in.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Andy Naylor just tweeted saying 1 is almost certainly coming in, and a second is possible but one may be leaving in the near future.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Hmmm interesting... Type in Luciano Becchio Brighton into Google. Look at third address down... Player profiles from OS, listing Becchio....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think if Ken Bates sanctioned the sale of Bechio then there would be riots around Ellend Road. I cant for 1 minute believe that its him. If it is a Leeds player, then certainly it will be Paynter. If it is Paynter and I suspect it is, then I really would be disapointed. Paynter has done nothing at Leeds and other clubs except 1 season with Swindon (and that was on the back of Charlie Austin). There are much much better players out there.

Somma is out for yonks. I know that Gradel is the subject of bids from Forest and others, but he doesn't fit the bill. So I think Macprawn is having us on.

Jordan Rhodes would be a good call - but I think Its Paynter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think if Ken Bates sanctioned the sale of Bechio then there would be riots around Ellend Road. I cant for 1 minute believe that its him. If it is a Leeds player, then certainly it will be Paynter. If it is Paynter and I suspect it is, then I really would be disapointed. Paynter has done nothing at Leeds and other clubs except 1 season with Swindon (and that was on the back of Charlie Austin). There are much much better players out there.

Somma is out for yonks. I know that Gradel is the subject of bids from Forest and others, but he doesn't fit the bill. So I think Macprawn is having us on.

Jordan Rhodes would be a good call - but I think Its Paynter.

Negative. Paynter smashed 28 goals when Swindon got to play offs. Yes it hasn't worked at Leeds but GP can get players playing above what they should do. . . el abd for example. Paynter also would be happy to be on the bench and work to get in the team.

We are not desperate for a striker so this sounds a good deal to me

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hope it's not Barnes on the way out.

wern't Bristol City interested in Barnes a while back? With Maynard so heavily linked everywhere, if he goes they will need replacement.

would be weird next match to see Barnes in Bristol City shirt.......

The whole transfer deadline thing feels like one massive house selling chain, where everybody needs to buy something else before they will sell.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

We've had this happen many times before, it means nothing. Type in a number of players and they'll appear, I remember Michael Owen and Kevin Phillips did once.

Edit: Kevin Phillips still appears at top of page if you do the same search.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here