Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Peter Crouch.

I know this will never happen. But I havent made a stupid suggestion of my own yet, and 'Arry says he is available for sale.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Peter Crouch.

I know this will never happen. But I havent made a stupid suggestion of my own yet, and 'Arry says he is available for sale.

Haven't Spurs just turned down a £20m offer from Stoke for Crouch/Paliacos? Not sure we are moving in those circles yet!!

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Was Billy Paynter at Swindon when Gus was there...?

Doesn't appear that there was any overlap as Gus was at Swindon second half of 2006 while Paynter got to Swindon 2007 from Southend via Bradford where of course he could have been easily scouted (15 games on loan, 4 goals)..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Emile Heskey based on nothing other than he has presence

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Closes at 11pm tomorrow.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Peter Crouch.

Um, sorry for being a dick... I clearly wasn't serious about this suggestion. For what it is worth, I honestly think Crouch will be going to Stoke... in January.

Anyways. I don't think our striker-to-be has been mentioned on this thread yet. I will be one of those players that few of us, if any, have heard of. A bit like Calderon was, except maybe not foreign.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I was told with some assurance that we were trying to sign Bret Pitman. Don't know if he scored against us last season or not. Apparently Gus likes the player and has previously tried to sign him. From the same source Gus also likes Mackie but never been the right time.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
rumoured to be 6 million + and on his way to Leicester ..

They have just had a £6.5m bid rejected for Nikica Jelavic of Glasgow Rangers!!!!

Blimey, they are mad aren't they? Can't believe how much money they have to splash around, and yet they are looking at strikers in tho SPL, how odd. You'd think they would have been better off throwing a few more quid at CMS rather than letting us "entice him here for the money." How can anyone actually believe Leicester missed out on anyone this summer because of the money.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
They have just had a £6.5m bid rejected for Nikica Jelavic of Glasgow Rangers!!!!

Blimey, they are mad aren't they? Can't believe how much money they have to splash around, and yet they are looking at strikers in tho SPL, how odd. You'd think they would have been better off throwing a few more quid at CMS rather than letting us "entice him here for the money." How can anyone actually believe Leicester missed out on anyone this summer because of the money.

perhaps Sandaza will be next on their radar........

According to Telegraph Sven was also going to try & break their transfer record with a late late bid for Nicky Maynard £6m+.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Everyone (opposing players at least) who scored against us in the League last season. Frankly there's not much that leaps out, apart from ones already playing at Championship level, or that we haven't already signed.

Benik Afobe
Danny Ward
Ian Henderson
David Connolly
Jose Fonte
Andy Butler
John Akinde
Danny Green
Jon Nurse
Will Hoskins
Richard Logan
Will Atkinson