Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm not dissing the facility I think it is fantastic, just wondering about likely usage outside of match days.

Agree that it is going to be a significant investment of a few million to provide better facilities and there can't be many if any clubs making that type of investment at the moment.
You say that, but we invested £15m into a bloke that could actually DJ, and yet, we still have fanzone

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Cabling going in, 5 minute job.

Be ready for next Saturday.
DSC_0176~2.JPG

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Cabling going in, 5 minute job.

Be ready for next Saturday.View attachment 179591

They seemed to be really cracking on with it.

I imagine most of it will be prefabricated off site so once the groundwork is done it will probably be completed in a matter of weeks

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Any new pics of this?
I rode past it yesterday, its all work on the foundation and underground services, its fenced off and has blue and white screens so very little can be seen. There is a new tarmac path that goes from the entrance of the players car park, and up to Bennets field, going behind the little hill opposite the North Stand. Not sure if this is part of the fan zone, or just been installed ready for the student blocks on Bennets field.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
really hope that trench is just for foundation, fancy paving etc. and not the line of the new building.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
The gap between the new building and the stadium looks really REALLY small doesn't it?
I should imagine the architects have done a thorough job of calculating the space needed. I think you're probably worrying about nothing.

Of all the things I was worried about when the stadium was being built, none were founded.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Barber explained a bit about this on the podcast, having to do some foundation work as the cables underneath needed to be moved (or that’s what I took from what he said). This has meant a delay in the planned opening

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of all the things I was worried about when the stadium was being built, none were founded.
Out of interest, what were your concerns?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I rode past it yesterday, its all work on the foundation and underground services, its fenced off and has blue and white screens so very little can be seen. There is a new tarmac path that goes from the entrance of the players car park, and up to Bennets field, going behind the little hill opposite the North Stand. Not sure if this is part of the fan zone, or just been installed ready for the student blocks on Bennets field.

The Bennett's Field accommodation won't have any paths etc on the Amex site.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Out of interest, what were your concerns?
The glass partitions in the away end
The placing of the earth from the excavations
Falmer station (OK, hmm..)
The line of sight from some areas
The open corners

And probably one or two other things which I can't remember now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The glass partitions in the away end
The placing of the earth from the excavations
Falmer station (OK, hmm..)
The line of sight from some areas
The open corners

And probably one or two other things which I can't remember now.
Fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here