Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
It will be an incredible addition but probably won't be big enough to cater for the demand.

I think a couple of these for those who want to grab a beer then shelter from the elements would be ideal for when the fanzine is at capacity
That's my concern to, especially as they plan to close Dick's Bar so it can be used for corporate bods. Should be in addition not instead of.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The work has started.

IMG_4291.jpeg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I take it this is a ” get more money out of the punters as they are not spending enough” exercise?

has the FAB asked how much to get in?

where are the food and drink outlets relocating to?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I take it this is a ” get more money out of the punters as they are not spending enough” exercise?

Spoke to the guy from the coffee van last week.

Them and the fish and chips are keeping their concessions and will be 'up the ramp', I assume meaning near the west stand.

Burger and chips not offered a concession as burgers will be available in the fan zone.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

I believe part of the idea is to encourage more fans to hang around for a while post-game to reduce pressure on public transport.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Spoke to the guy from the coffee van last week.

Them and the fish and chips are keeping their concessions and will be 'up the ramp', I assume meaning near the west stand.

Burger and chips not offered a concession as burgers will be available in the fan zone.
Is this once the fan zone is up and running? They’ll stay but in different location.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I believe part of the idea is to encourage more fans to hang around for a while post-game to reduce pressure on public transport.
Can they do a straight 10 hour shift safely?

It's a giant pub under a tent/bike shed basically . . . .a Stealth corporatisation of Dicks to maximise revenue . . . It'll be the new 1901, exclusive, reassuringly expensive zone . . . as 1901 is now 1973 🙄 😂

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

It will obviously be free to get in and anyone saying otherwise is just being disingenuous (although I expect upstairs will be Amex cardholders only).

Not sure why people have to knock the club for providing better facilities.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's the year 2037.

Everything in football is now simply called "fan zone".

The pre-match build-up, an area outside the stadium, seating inside the stadium, the stadium itself, the club store, the club website, the park 'n' ride facility, the social media channels, the bar...

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It will obviously be free to get in and anyone saying otherwise is just being disingenuous (although I expect upstairs will be Amex cardholders only).

Not sure why people have to knock the club for providing better facilities.
You mean, like when the same club started charging for the Seven Stars Bar in the East Stand, and then scrapped it for 1901.

Or when the club charged admission for the usually free to get in Boxpark at Wembley.

It is not unreasonable to suggest they might charge here. But i doubt they will. I think most people suspect the motivation is to get the Dicks Space converted into more Corporate offerings, while improving the pre/post match offering/takings at the same time

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You mean, like when the same club started charging for the Seven Stars Bar in the East Stand, and then scrapped it for 1901.

Or when the club charged admission for the usually free to get in Boxpark at Wembley.

It is not unreasonable to suggest they might charge here. But i doubt they will. I think most people suspect the motivation is to get the Dicks Space converted into more Corporate offerings, while improving the pre/post match offering/takings at the same time
The CLUB charged people to get into Boxpark?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The CLUB charged people to get into Boxpark?
Yes. 2019 when they made it their base camp or whatever they called it. By all accounts a huge success, but you had to buy a ticket from the Albion.

TBH I doubt they would do that for something open all year round at Falmer, but who knows what they are thinking. I can see why some people who like some reassurance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here