Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Monks Farm Development

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There is a slight extension to the training ground at the bottom too...

landscape%20new%20monks%20farm.jpg

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
There is a slight extension to the training ground at the bottom too...

landscape%20new%20monks%20farm.jpg

I'm not a town planner but that's clearly a very comprehensive and sensitive solution to the many difficult considerations that often arise with such developments.

One might expect Adur district council to be more forthcoming in this sort of expansionist /progressive development than say Brighton City Council for the prestige and social benefits alone.

Clearly the overriding factors are traffic flow measures and flood defence analysis.

That would be a very odd question to ask. Is it not possible to be both?

Of course it is. And Tony Bloom is very successful in both roles. My point is that Albion supporters might have to get our heads around the fact that some of his investment decisions might be made for reasons other than just contributing to the wellbeing of the Football Club. This development will no doubt enhance his personal wealth significantly and it remains a fact that he is obviously content to use some of his surplus funds on his "hobby sideline" of running the Albion. So it is good news for those of us who want to see the Club flourish.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Indeed, it's amazing they got hold of the land before a developer really :)

Makes you wonder what other plans are afoot for football clubs to make money outside of the traditional areas. I know QPR are working on at least one development too.

http://www.oaklandsregeneration.co.uk/background.html

Hmm. By doing this, they effectively are a developer, wouldn't you say?

And I can't imagine planning will be a problem. If Brighton & Hove Council can nod the Anston House development through despite over 1,000 local objections and the plans failing to meet any of the affordable housing requirements, anything is possible and I'm sure Adur will give it the green light.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
How does the financing of these projects normally work? We've bought the entire site, so I'm presuming we will bring in a housing developer to look after the residential area (and we'll take a developer's fee from that portion). I'm also presuming that we will pay for the development of the country park. Regarding the commercial area (IKEA pretty much), I assume we'll retain freehold ownership of the site. In that instance, is the cost of the IKEA premises split between them and us, or do we finance the whole thing?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My point is that Albion supporters might have to get our heads around the fact that some of his investment decisions might be made for reasons other than just contributing to the wellbeing of the Football Club.
I don't feel the need to get my head around that at all. He's put a ton of money into the club, if he can get some back that's great.

How does the financing of these projects normally work? We've bought the entire site, so I'm presuming we will bring in a housing developer to look after the residential area (and we'll take a developer's fee from that portion). I'm also presuming that we will pay for the development of the country park. Regarding the commercial area (IKEA pretty much), I assume we'll retain freehold ownership of the site. In that instance, is the cost of the IKEA premises split between them and us, or do we finance the whole thing?

Who is this "we" of whom you speak?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Martin Perry is also a director of the The Community Stadium Limited. Will he keep that position or resign from that to head this up?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I suspect that those drivers that go through the red lights at Sussex Pad will be please to be missing out on 6 points on their license given the double set will be removed.

Just need to keep IKEA news from the wife otherwise it will be too costly

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Many different ways to develope projects of this size you can have partnerships with different developers also money has to go into local infrastructure also the council receive money for each house built and it will help to meet some of the housing shortages.
The big issues are transport and flooding and the affordability of the houses.
Oh dear more shopping trips to Homebush extended along the road to Lancing maybe I can ask my wife if we can in the odd ladies game at the same time or u23 game at the training ground.:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here