Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry everyone, but I’m still pissed off and baffled by this in equal measure.

I mean, how the **** can a club that gets so much right get something as ****ing simple as a blue and white stripped shirt so wrong? Yes, yes - I know it’s only a football shirt that I probably wouldn’t buy anyway, regardless of what it looks like; but for me the home kit has always been far more than that. It is the most visible sign of our identity and should provide a nod to our past whist also being contemporary and something we can be proud of.

This shirt, frankly, is utter garbage in just about every way. I thought we had plummeted to a new low with the floppy collars and superfluous buttons a couple of seasons ago but it seems that was simply a prelude to this ****ing horror show.

Oh well.

"Nope, you're wrong" - Paul Barber.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Who actually says yes to that?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't think it's as bad as some garb that's been dished out.
Think we're losing some of our identity with no ******* stripes.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I like the collared one, and didn’t even mind the thin white lines. This one can fvck right off though. £55 saved.

I didn’t mind the shirt and quite liked a return to solid blue for one season. But the collar was a typical Nike ‘are there any scraps lying about we can stitch on?’ effort.

I think the solid blue Adidas shirt Leicester have for next season is a thing of rare beauty and I’d be happier than a grown man has any right to be about a football shirt if we had that.

7DFBBE93-205C-416C-B781-D40F428A6FB0.jpeg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don’t particularly like the orange ‘Crimson’ shirt, but might be pushed to buy that rather than the home shirt. Give it a week or two to settle.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I never get that worked up by a kit tbh. :shrug:

I never buy one, once I’ve seen a couple of games I don’t even really think about it. It’s not like we miss a chance or concede a goal and I think “if only we were in thinner stripes”

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Looks like a kids car carpet…….just needs a zebra crossing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just boggles my mind that every year without fail, people on NSC and Twitter mock up some really nice simple Brighton kits, yet someone is no doubt paid 6 figures to experiment with crayons in the board room, and sign off on this.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't think I've ever felt the need to comment on new kits before.

However, THAT is a ****ing abomination.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't believe I swapped a Black and Green away shirt for a voucher for a free one of these or a pinky orange red one.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It will look fine from my seat in WSU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here