Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
If you look at all the examples in the link, it's a pretty smart project overall.

Does make me wonder if Brighton will do something similar in the next couple of years. I think our current 'identity' is pretty basic and hasn't really changed dramatically in the 11 years since the Amex opened.

We are still a bit 'Championship' and with a few years of being in the Premier League under our belts a rebrand on these lines might be on the cards. Keep the badge but develop the merchandise and graphic design etc to have a consistent and strong identity.

Not going to buy a BHAFC tracksuit, but some merch with a bit more thought than sticking a club badge, or the words Brighton & Hove Albion on the front in a variety of fonts would be nice...

I'd love to see us doing something like this. I think Brighton as a city (and a club) is a strong enough brand to ensure that non football fans and fans alike would be interested in buying this stuff if marketed right, especially amongst younger people. On the odd occasion I wander round the club shop I wince at some of the templated tat they sell in there.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
But it isn't strange at all. It is exactly as it should be. We should wear our regular kit for all games, home or away unless there is a colour-clash at an away fixture, in which case we simply wear the change strip. We didn't wear an 'away' kit at Liverpool or Manchester United last season as there was no need to. I don't think we wore a change strip at Arsenal either, did we? Can't recall.
Bang. On.

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
No one seems to mind that there's a ridiculous panel on the back. All the marketing shots and videos (bar one) do not show the back as it will look pony without a number. Shame as it is not required.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Nice colour, but dull design so I think I'll wait for the home shirt. I echo the point made about a colour clash with teams who have red in the home shirts, so this is basically the new 3rd shirt then?

I'd love to see us doing something like this. I think Brighton as a city (and a club) is a strong enough brand to ensure that non football fans and fans alike would be interested in buying this stuff if marketed right, especially amongst younger people. On the odd occasion I wander round the club shop I wince at some of the templated tat they sell in there.

Exactly!

And with a bit more thought we could have some genuinely cool merch instead.

Even linking up with established brands for some 'BHAFC X [insert brand]' type collaborations.

I'd love a BHAFC X SKINT range to mark 25 years since they sponsored us – think that would be in 2024.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
in what way does this colour or mesh of orangy pink represent the club and city of Brighton and Hove?

Don't they call it crimson? Anyway, I think it is a nod to the colour that some will have already gone the last few days/will go this weekend as they hit the beach with no or inadequate sun protection!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
in what way does this colour or mesh of orangy pink represent the club and city of Brighton and Hove? A color of say all white with blue trim (you could vary that quite a bit) wouldve been far better. It seems that like all clubs you just recycle a different colour to generate money through kit sales to the point where you can have home fans in every colour of the rainbow. Surely what all fans wanna see is a stand full of blue and white so home blue away white. Simples!

Interesting that you include the word "rainbow" in your post. If we were to base our next away kit on the colours of the Pride flag, would that more accurately represent the city of Brighton & Hove?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting that you include the word "rainbow" in your post. If we were to base our next away kit on the colours of the Pride flag, would that more accurately represent the city of Brighton & Hove?

Do it.

SameLoveFront_900x.jpg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This.

Another shit Nike kit that’ll only actually get worn in a small number of games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate all the Nike template stuff but would probably by a fair bit of the Kappa gear like a hoodie and such.

What would be a real eye catcher would be the new adidas/Gucci range for a proper blinged up kit.

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yeah I think it's a great idea. I personally wouldn't wear anything that is clearly BHA branded outside of a football environment (either playing or watching), I would find it a bit embarrassing to be honest (with respect to those who do, it's just not my style).

But something that was much more subtle, definitely.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not really sure whether it's more red or more orange, hmm, I don't think it really works as a Brighton colour and the back panel is already annoying me, apart from that, it seems decent ��

So, apart from the colour and the design you like it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here