Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Never trust anyone who ....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bitter, nah but I was not even vaguely a fan of punk :shrug:

How could I be when I grew up on 60’s and early 70’s music :wink:

Most of the musicians you are mentioning are not punk are they? Paul Weller? Nah a wannabe Mod who now seems to be the Modfather :lolol: few of the others. I liked most of them

That’s why I said New Wave too, Punk flowed into New Wave, great times.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Never trust anyone who has a "successful" career in "Finance" ...

and/or someone who cheats on their wife/husband/partner (and even less so if they boast about it).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Never trust anyone who has a "successful" career in "Finance" ...

and/or someone who cheats on their wife/husband/partner (and even less so if they boast about it).

Anyone who has a documented 'career plan' (particularly on the inside of their diary)

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never trust anyone who tells you how much their business cards cost.

[I worked with someone who told me how expensive and special his business cards were, a work of art. Then he stung clients by taking 20% of tax saved on assignments …. to much anger].

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Never trust anyone who maintains eye contact to the nth degree.

(With the firm handshake, trying too hard to convey a ‘my body language is my bond’ persona).

Couldn't we sum it up as never trust a rugby player ?

Difference between a rugby player and a baboon ?

A baboon shows it's arse less :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Never trust anyone who tells you how much their business cards cost.

[I worked with someone who told me how expensive and special his business cards were, a work of art. Then he stung clients by taking 20% of tax saved on assignments …. to much anger].

When bluetooth first came out, watching people exchange business cards always had me pissing myself. Have you got it ? Have you got it ? :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Never trust anyone who is a conservative MP

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Never trust anyone who refers to ex-partners as mad or crazy. You can bet it's them who's the crazy one.

Never trust anyone who doesn't make it their business to turn up on time.

Never trust anyone who never has a pen on them.

I am always late, mostly because of my crazy ex calling me up in the middle of the night, but sometimes just because I spent ages looking for a pen.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The warm brown tones make the appearance less formal. Out of interest what colour shoes would you wear with a blue suit?

Black…… obviously.

Or blue. I do have a pair of blue suede shoes - please don’t step on them. :rock:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't care how famous it is, whoever penned it was a dick (and a "straight") :lolol:
A punk actually

“Don’t trust ’em because all this “peace and love” and “free love”—that was really just to turn women into whores. “Oh, you’re not free ’cause you won’t let me shag ya.” Ha ha! That’s clever, that is. And as soon as they came out of the sixties they were all running corporations, and suddenly, you know, the long-hair trip became lining their own coffers. They could be very, very greedy people, the hippies. I come from piss-poor, working-class, lowest-that-you-can-get, total no-hope, no-future—and none of them damn hippies came round our way being generous. The council flats were not places where you would hand out flowers.”
John Lydon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here