Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Never trust anyone who ....

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Never trust a man in a wheelchair with dog shit on his shoes.

How would you know it was dog shit, that's your assumption... unless you saw the gentleman stand and walk in it before sitting back in his wheelchair.. but then the saying would go something like...

Never trust a man who gets out of their wheelchair, walks about a bit and then sits back down again.

I miss football.

:down:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s a load of shit from people who were never hippies :smile:

In the late 60’s I trusted a lot of hippies, all great people. Far Out, Peace and Love man

Never trust someone who drives a Range Rover

<sigh> It's a famous quote :facepalm:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
How would you know it was dog shit, that's your assumption... unless you saw the gentleman stand and walk in it before sitting back in his wheelchair.. but then the saying would go something like...

Never trust a man who gets out of their wheelchair, walks about a bit and then sits back down again.

I miss football.

:down:

Only a few days to wait!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep….up there with ‘with all due respect……’

And Steve Mcmanamanamanaman's "To be very honest". The very worst pundit in the whole wide world.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't care how famous it is, whoever penned it was a dick (and a "straight") :lolol:

It's people like you that drove people like me to crop off their locks in 1976/7

Maaaaaaan.

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bloody punks, killed my love of new current music for years, which is far worse than cutting your locks!!!

You sound like someone lacking confidence in their own taste. Why would some other music kill your love for new current music?

There was a lot of bitterness around in the late 70s, huffing and puffing from fading middle aged 'rock' stars, the famous racist outburst from Clapton, and a load of old wrinklies buggering off into tax exile. And yet there was still plenty of great stuff around for old school types. Gong, Robert Wyatt...

'Never Trust a Hippy' was a joke statement made by John Lydon. That's the same man who picked a track by Peter Hammill on his desert island discs.

There was some great punk/hippy crossover music, even!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lysSiU3hiRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsg8cMdYtuM

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Never trust anyone :
8D7A3BED-6D5E-4AB6-A340-4C5271E34DA9.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You sound like someone lacking confidence in their own taste. Why would some other music kill your love for new current music?

]

I lived in Brighton at the time and Punk music seemed to me to take over completely. I went to few gigs but being pogoed around with people spitting, being aggressive and gobbing everywhere was not my idea of a fun night out, but each to their own! :wink:

To say most of the music was shouty shit with people playing instruments they only had the basics on did not appeal either

All just imo as I know some on here love Punk music above all else even today, of course there were some good bands but most of them that I heard, hmm :shrug:

Have to say that the Stranglers were excellent when I saw them though.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Old man alert!!!

I am SHOCKED by how many people do that these days, almost as bad as white sole trainers with a suit.

Absolutely. Down with this sort of thing!:censored::censored::ffsparr::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I lived in Brighton at the time and Punk music seemed to me to take over completely. I went to few gigs but being pogoed around with people spitting, being aggressive and gobbing everywhere was not my idea of a fun night out, but each to their own! :wink:

To say most of the music was shouty shit with people playing instruments they only had the basics on did not appeal either

All just imo as I know some on here love Punk music above all else even today, of course there were some good bands but most of them that I heard, hmm :shrug:

Ha ha! Yes, the Brighton punk scene. I had summer 77 in Brighton, and the bands weren't great, but the 'scene' was fun if you were a teenager and had 'the look'. Wrist Action, The Molesters, The Piranhas, Joby and the Hooligans....four gigs a week, mostly free? Yes please!

But I lived in London the rest of the time (at uni) so got to see a better class of band up there, and the gobbing was pretty much gone by late 77. Gen X, Wire, Johnny Thunders, The Ruts, The Adverts, X-Ray Specs....

But that scene moved on fairly quickly, with more musical acts like The Soft Boys, Comsat Angels, Magazine....happy days.

I gave mainstream rock (pronounced 'rark!') a swerve for many years, but saw Def Leppard, The Cult, Guns 'n Roses and a few others in the 90s...

But I stuck mostly with small gigs, oddballs (fancy that). And Also The Trees is probably the band I've seen live the most times in the last 20 years.

:thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It was far more than Punk itself, it hailed an incredible fresh start.

Goodbye; Brotherhood of Man and rock artists creating ever longer self indulgent albums. Often classically trained, sometimes from the right side of the tracks of a privileged background.

Hello; back to raw creativity of pop and rock, genius teenagers/early 20’s kids often without that background, penning incredible music. The Jam, The Stranglers, Blondie, Joy Division, The Cure, The Police, (all forms of) The Human League, The Pretenders, Soft Cell, Simple Minds, Talk Talk, an ever evolving Roxy Music. Requirements … a guitar or synth, a wonderful imagination.

In the late 80’s and 90’s I worked with older generation blokes born in the early 50’s. Variously fans of LedZep, Jopling and Neil Young. They were really bitter about the revolution in music in 1976/77. Bizarrely wanting music frozen in time a day before that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was far more than Punk itself, it hailed an incredible fresh start.

Goodbye; Brotherhood of Man and rock artists creating ever longer self indulgent albums. Often classically trained, sometimes from the right side of the tracks of a privileged background.

Hello; back to raw creativity of pop and rock, genius teenagers/early 20’s kids often without that background, penning incredible music. The Jam, The Stranglers, Blondie, Joy Division, The Cure, The Police, (all forms of) The Human League, The Pretenders, Soft Cell, Simple Minds, Talk Talk, an ever evolving Roxy Music. Requirements … a guitar or synth, a wonderful imagination.

In the late 80’s and 90’s I worked with older generation blokes born in the early 50’s. Variously fans of LedZep, Jopling and Neil Young. They were really bitter about the revolution in music in 1976/77. Bizarrely wanting music frozen in time a day before that.

Bitter, nah but I was not even vaguely a fan of punk :shrug:

How could I be when I grew up on 60’s and early 70’s music :wink:

Most of the musicians you are mentioning are not punk are they? Paul Weller? Nah a wannabe Mod who now seems to be the Modfather :lolol: few of the others. I liked most of them

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here