Neil Warnock is the new Palace manager...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Another bookmarked thread:wave:, you lot will never learn! you right us off at you peril,Just like last season and before the play off's
Palace get thrashed AGAIN - The official thread
How many tickets will we get for Wembley? where will we be drinking before Wembley, Brighton will thrash Palace over two legs and :bla::bla:

I don't disagree the play-offs point. There were some ridiculously complacent posters prior to those games but being quite honest, had Holloway stayed I think you had a chance of challenging Derby's 07/08 points total. I recall even some Palace fans writing themselves off. It wasn't until a shrewd appointment by Parish that anyone took your chances of survival seriously. I'm not certain that you will be relegated, but lets just say that I think you've slashed your odds considerably.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Things are really looking up at Palace - new ground, new category one academy, newly appointed young up and coming manager.....oh no wait, that's us isn't it?

:falmer:

Aren't you sweet :D Dream on though Booty. Reality is that we are £200 million better off than you, have a better academy in reality despite the current grading (it's gonna take years for you to catch up with what we have built, we have a reputation for bringing through quality, you certainly don't), have a passionate and loud support compared to your bunch of prawn sandwich brigade, and our squad of players compared to yours is properly the biggest gap in class between the 2 clubs in a long, long time.

In regards to Warnock, he's not my first choice but I am confident he will keep us up. We only have to finish 17th chaps, remember that. Our strong point is our defence, especially Ward, Dann and Kelly who are all excellent players and Warnock will keep us organised, fighting for every ball and hard to beat, just
like we were under Pulis, something we would have lost if we had of appointed someone like Sherwood.

Also looks like a certain winger who destroyed you the last time we played each other is on his way home...things are looking up after a tough couple of weeks :drink:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Its amazing to me that Neil Warnock is a premier league manager again. I thought he'd retired and was happily feeding the ducks in the West country. Fair play to palace, no ageism at that club.

:clap2:

One could quite rightly argue that he is a Premiership manager in name only and a Championship manager in waiting.

Second season syndrome?

Yes, I think so!

TNBA

TTF

FTP

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Aren't you sweet :D Dream on though Booty. Reality is that we are £200 million better off than you, have a better academy in reality despite the current grading (it's gonna take years for you to catch up with what we have built, we have a reputation for bringing through quality, you certainly don't), have a passionate and loud support compared to your bunch of prawn sandwich brigade, and our squad of players compared to yours is properly the biggest gap in class between the 2 clubs in a long, long time.

In regards to Warnock, he's not my first choice but I am confident he will keep us up. We only have to finish 17th chaps, remember that. Our strong point is our defence, especially Ward, Dann and Kelly who are all excellent players and Warnock will keep us organised, fighting for every ball and hard to beat, just
like we were under Pulis, something we would have lost if we had of appointed someone like Sherwood.

Also looks like a certain winger who destroyed you the last time we played each other is on his way home...things are looking up after a tough couple of weeks :drink:
He was superb for Cardiff last year.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I said when Holloway walked out that if they got Pulis in they would stay up.

I personally think (unfortunately) that there are three worse teams than them this year, and that they'll stay up again.

Hope I'm wrong.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
If you regard excellent as 11th best, good luck.

1) I regret to say, I am not your mate and 2) Keeping up shouldn't be too difficult, I shall try my best :kiss:

11th in the Premiership in our first season back for 9 years was a fantastic achievement, the fact that you are attempting to down-play it just shows your bitterness/frustration at our continued dominance over you :wave:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Reality is that we are £200 million better off than you,QUOTE]

'Reality'?.......hmmmm. I love how Palace fans repeatedly wallow in someone else's money..........it's not yours, and certainly isn't money from within your Club or CPFC2010. It belongs to the sponsors of the Premier League. It is a false existence. But then you do have a track record of spending money that isn't yours.

Why do you think Parish was crapping himself at Pulis's transfer requests? He knows all too well that you are well and truly f****d if you get relegated anytime soon, especially while you were running a wage bill in excess of 130% of turnover and now that has hugely escalated. Parachute payments won't even ensure survival in the Championship. He is scared that CPFC 2010 might have to really dip into their own pockets.

At least Tony Bloom is a 3rd generation Albion fan, his funding is a long term investment and his strategy is built around a sound financial footing, starting with compliance under FFP, which is the true 'reality' - and to be ignored at your peril.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Reality is that we are £200 million better off than you,QUOTE]

'Reality'?.......hmmmm. I love how Palace fans repeatedly wallow in someone else's money..........it's not yours, and certainly isn't money from within your Club or CPFC2010. It belongs to the sponsors of the Premier League. It is a false existence. But then you do have a track record of spending money that isn't yours.

Why do you think Parish was crapping himself at Pulis's transfer requests? He knows all too well that you are well and truly f****d if you get relegated anytime soon, especially while you were running a wage bill in excess of 130% of turnover and now that has hugely escalated. Parachute payments won't even ensure survival in the Championship. He is scared that CPFC 2010 might have to really dip into their own pockets.

At least Tony Bloom is a 3rd generation Albion fan, his funding is a long term investment and his strategy is built around a sound financial footing, starting with compliance under FFP, which is the true 'reality' - and to be ignored at your peril.

Yes, of course, an Albion fan obviously have access to all the finer details of CPFC's accounts, I bow down to you and this amazing knowledge :facepalm:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The stripey Nigels giving it all the biggen now they got Colin on board and Prince Charming is trying to sign Zaha to appease the fans. (even tho he don't get involved in choosing players)

Bless em.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes, of course, an Albion fan obviously have access to all the finer details of CPFC's accounts, I bow down to you and this amazing knowledge :facepalm:

Er, all info in the Football League's figures, Parish's comments to the media at the time Pulis dumped you and during the 'scoop' :ffsparr: by Mark Bright a week ago proclaiming Malky Mackay or Tim Sherwood's appointment................so not that amazing. Unless you are happy to ignore them.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
How would you assess the accounts then, in general of course?

I have no idea about the inside details of our finances, the fact one of our owners has come out and said we have £25 million to spend on players this transfer window gives me an indication that we are doing quite well though! I have no doubts that under this ownership we are spending within our means, if anything Parish and co are over-cautious in terms of spending, one of the reason's Pulis left was because of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports