Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay's post-match red card

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
BBC pitchside mics picked up Maupay's words with Moss. And I quote:

'I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries'

If this is anywhere in the same dimension as the truth, he needs to be made captain.

It’s basically a rehash of a Monty Python and the Holy Grail quote. :D

Now then Swanny - I think this is about the first time I've seen you not pick up on some obscure British cultural reference! You need to stay in more, order a couple of Python videos, and watch them with some pizza. Then go and find a shrubbery.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Take away penalties and a number of open goal tap ins and this doesn't say much?

You can say that for every striker in the PL though, no ?

Whatever people think - Neal is one of our best and consistent goal scorers since promotion and his record is at least good as the messiah Glenn Murray.

Now whether we could have got a better striker for £20M 2 years ago is another debate, but really for what we paid and the return we have had is about par. Compared to Jarrod Bowen, Josh King, Glenn Murray, Mitrovitch - Neal Maupay is about par for the course.

The next level is £30M-£40M player - and wages to match

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

Whatever people think - Neal is one of our best and consistent goal scorers since promotion and his record is at least good as the messiah Glenn Murray.

Now whether we could have got a better striker for £20M 2 years ago is another debate, but really for what we paid and the return we have had is about par. Compared to Jarrod Bowen, Josh King, Glenn Murray, Mitrovitch - Neal Maupay is about par for the course.

Sorry his blatant t misses in front of goal (our xg) really doesn’t support your argument. You must be watching different games to the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Now then Swanny - I think this is about the first time I've seen you not pick up on some obscure British cultural reference! You need to stay in more, order a couple of Python videos, and watch them with some pizza. Then go and find a shrubbery.

Actually I was well aware!

Take away penalties and a number of open goal tap ins and this doesn't say much?

Ye because both tap-ins and penalties are certain goals and easy-peasy stuff, as we've all seen...

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

:lolol:

Everyone would recognise that Murray was a decent Prem striker. I like Maupay, and he has been good value for £20m, but he is not a decent Prem striker.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

In the PL it is. Murray has 36 in 7 seasons (for 3 clubs), take out the ones where he didn’t really play and it’s 26 in 5. Maupay has 16 in 2.

[emoji2375]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Murray would have scored many more - with the chances that Maupay has been presented with...

Sure - but that’s all hypothetical. I’m talking about actual goals - hence ‘better record’

No one talks xG when comparing Pele or Maradona do they [emoji2375]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wasn't paying enough attention. Who took over the captain's armband when Dunk was sent off?

That new captain should have been aware of Maupay's attitude, position and movements at the end of the match and stopped him approaching the referee.

Basically, it's Dunk's fault for getting himself ejected from the field of play.

EF9AA60C-4B9B-4508-9FBE-5CDEED408E31.jpeg

Maupay looks like a drunk that’s just been thrown out of a club, the faces of the Wolves players and Dan Burn says it all. :glare:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You cannot compare Maupay with Murray, one was very composed and canny in front of goal and the other lacks any sort of composure in front of goal. The sending off today also shows where Maupay falls short.

If you are talking about goal scoring record in the PL, which I was. You literally can.

Especially as Glenn played for 3 different clubs

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Tbf to you I should have bolded this, this is the comparison I disagree most with. Murray is a level above Maupay and all those players mentioned.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tbf to you I should have bolded this, this is the comparison I disagree most with. Murray is a level above Maupay and all those players mentioned.

Perhaps - but not based on goals scored which is all anyone really cares about for strikers

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
To be fair Maupay got levelled several times and the ref gave him nothing, can understand his frustration

I can understand it, but at the same time I can’t excuse the petulance.

You see players crowding the ref at full time every weeks across the leagues, it never ends in a red card. He must have really crossed the line cos it to end up with him getting a straight red. Knockaert mk2 IMHO. An incredible Championship player, who might not be quite Prem level and who suffers with a debilitating mental defect called being French.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fair do's. Imagine a young Murray in this current team though, my word.

I wonder why he was only playing in the third tier at Maupay’s age then. Lots of history being re written about Murray (who I loved from the day he arrived here), he struggled big time in his first season at Palace in the Championship too.

Maupay is out of form and confidence but runs himself into the ground. No excuses for being sent off but Moss had a fecking dreadful game and gave us nothing. I remember the outrage at early Dunk sending offs and reading the same sort of shit on here at the time about how we should get shot of him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here