[Albion] Neal Maupay's post-match red card

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He did and thanks for reminding us. Im just trying to provide some context and defend our players against over the top criticism and where appropriate.
you said that one of our players would have taken a touch or gone for another pass, ... compared to Traore.
Did you see Welbeck's goal last week ?

Which you've done well. our players don't need defending, I'm sure they know theyre not delivering

Wlebeck has the quality we're generally bereft of. magic tuch, watched ball, looked up, head down clean strikew . . . . text book. a little slice of luck with it off his inside leg too. We've had none of that this season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Which you've done well. our players don't need defending, I'm sure they know theyre not delivering

Wlebeck has the quality we're generally bereft of. magic tuch, watched ball, looked up, head down clean strikew . . . . text book. a little slice of luck with it off his inside leg too. We've had none of that this season.

I was thinking that after Wolves winner.
Have we ever had a shot blocked, just to have the ball stop dead, in a perfect position for our player to have a second go?

Apparently it was a "clinical finish" , couldn't have been more on a plate if he'd placed it himself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was thinking that after Wolves winner.
Have we ever had a shot blocked, just to have the ball stop dead, in a perfect position for our player to have a second go?

Apparently it was a "clinical finish" , couldn't have been more on a plate if he'd placed it himself.

Said pretty well exactly that to my wife before I even saw the replay. I accept that I almost certainly have blue and white striped specs but we very seldom get a lucky deflected goal or one that bounces in the box perfectly for a striker to hit. We do seem to concede a few though. Most goals Sanchez concedes he has absolutely no chance with, and we don't give the opposition many chances either

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
RE Robinson, no idea, although I suspect that if he did, you wouldn't be equivocating about it
RE Ritchie 14<20
So, in short, you're making my point for me.

Ouch!

Edit - actually I was correct in 80s generally between four and six players got over 20 goals, so actually wasn’t uncommon....

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Trossard is a one in five player. One great game and then four where he is just ok or worse. The only time he had a really good run of form was after the restart last season. He's missed quite a few good chances but also had a lot of bad luck hitting the woodwork (yes, being just a decimeter from scoring is bad luck) and he definitely got great skill on the ball but he lacks that split vision that most of his PL equivalents got. Whenever there is a quick counter, it happens too often that the ball gets stuck with Trossard trying to twist and turn while the opponents get back into position, making it very difficult for anyone to score. Needs to improve that part of his game.

Good summary.

Must admit, I’ve been on and off the fence so much with Trossard. Off it at the moment - hopefully he’ll kick on next year.

Not a great believer in luck though, normally the ball goes where you hit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports