Nathan Jones

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I'm ready to be shot down if my memory has played tricks on me but Jonesy is responsible for my funniest/outrageous moment at Withdean, when in one game ( can not remember opponents or year ) we were seemingly strolling in a game when Jonesy was passed the ball down the left and with no opposition player in sight, he trapped the ball, stepped on top of it and put his hand across his brow to shade his eyes and proceeded to look out for the opposition. I have never seen anything like that in a competitive game.:)

Your memory is playing tricks with some of that. I remember the incident, he had a defender in front of him who he was bamboozling with his step overs, I seem to recall he did this first with his left, then with right, then with his left again, after which the defender was momentarily confused which way he was going whereupon Jones put his foot on the ball, and his hands on his hips and just waited for the defender to move. When the defender did this he then cut inside him. I'm pretty sure it was against Leyton Orient.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm ready to be shot down if my memory has played tricks on me but Jonesy is responsible for my funniest/outrageous moment at Withdean, when in one game ( can not remember opponents or year ) we were seemingly strolling in a game when Jonesy was passed the ball down the left and with no opposition player in sight, he trapped the ball, stepped on top of it and put his hand across his brow to shade his eyes and proceeded to look out for the opposition. I have never seen anything like that in a competitive game.:)

Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJtZF_6Fyc

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My personal trainer used to play for Yeovil, and he has some AMAZING stories about Nathan.

Do they involve The Merry Prankster's female friend?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports