Nathan Jones

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It is absolutely outrageous that hundreds of people will have to fork out £75 for a bus next season, when that money and more could be easily saved just by simply not appointing a complete and utter pleb as our assistant manager.

Your trolling used to be a lot more subtle. Poor, poor effort.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Having a quick look on the internet may offer a different view of Nathan as a coach, rather than who we remember as a player.

Charlton fans seem sad to see him go. They think he has potential.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discu...-21-manager-nathan-jones-ed-moved-to-brighton

Maybe this is because of his record as their under 21 development manager:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Professional_Development_League_2

And he speaks Spanish, and he won promotions with us. He's just back from doing his badges at Galatasaray this summer. He's still young, so won't be set in his ways and must be keen to learn from ex Barca Oscar. When it was mentioned on here that the assistant's job was being advertised I had a look at potential candidates who would realistically be interested in coming here. I certainly couldn't find anyone better suited.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
:shrug: who really cares about assistant anyway? I mean does anyone even know what the remit for assistant is?
Other than Tanno, Bob Booker and Jeff Wood, I don't even remember our previous assistants.

Still a flipping odd appointment though
How can you forget Alan Cork, whose role was to bang his fist on the side of the dugout?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Having a quick look on the internet may offer a different view of Nathan as a coach, rather than who we remember as a player.

Charlton fans seem sad to see him go. They think he has potential.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discu...-21-manager-nathan-jones-ed-moved-to-brighton

Maybe this is because of his record as their under 21 development manager:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Professional_Development_League_2

And he speaks Spanish, and he won promotions with us. He's just back from doing his badges at Galatasaray this summer. He's still young, so won't be set in his ways and must be keen to learn from ex Barca Oscar. When it was mentioned on here that the assistant's job was being advertised I had a look at potential candidates who would realistically be interested in coming here. I certainly couldn't find anyone better suited.

I love the fact that they jumped up and the first thing some of the Charlton fans did is snipe at the club for lack of information and secondly that one of their posters wants to be considered a customer by the club. They did make me smile.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sounds like a very good appointment that ticks all the boxes, can't see where people are finding fault with this at all.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I have friend who dated him in Yeovil. From what she tells me I don't think any of you would be happy if your daughter came home with him.

It's what he offers the club I'm interested in not whether a daughter I hav'nt got brings him home. Ex Albion keeper John Sullivan has been tweeting how highly he rates him as a coach so I'd rather take the word of a player who's worked under him than people on here who have never worked with him.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I have friend who dated him in Yeovil. From what she tells me I don't think any of you would be happy if your daughter came home with him.

Yet again, disappointed by the lack of snitching. It's not June anymore, you know. Dish the dirt.

Jonah did the no pants dance with Helen Chamberlain after we beat Torquay 6-2, lest we forget :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports