Nathan Jones

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds like a very good appointment that ticks all the boxes, can't see where people are finding fault with this at all.

Totally spot on.

Also, what I liked about him is he's a real competitor, and afraid of nothing (including the wrath of BHA when playing for Yo-vile). If he is also a decent assistant, can speak Spanish, has some football insight (he was a very classy player at our level at the time) then great.

Another interesting thing is this. He was obviously not proposed by Ozzie. Ozzie seems to be quite compliant, with higher management very busy indeed. Presumably he'll have 100% charge of football matters. Maybe he'll stay as Head Coach, and maybe this will be right. Interesting times.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Really hoped we'd moved on from giving people jobs just because they used to play for us, especially this little welsh c*nt.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
How many current 1st team players & staff were here when Nathan jones was here?

I can think of 1 Adam el abd

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Uefa Pro licence, Championship experience, Brighton experience and successful coaching season at Charlton. Whats not to understand?

Speaks Spanish and no doubt has gone through a reasonably rigorous application process if Poyets sacking is anything to go by. It's not like NJ is just some bloke from down the pub who has fallen into a top job, he's obviously an ambitious guy who has gone out and got all the necessary qualifications to land himself a job like this and that shows commitment and application. It seems some are content to slag off his appointment based on his personality and a few meaningless incidents during his playing career. I'm happy with his appointment, OG seems to be too and that's what counts. Welcome back Jonesy.

My missus told me about his appointment, she seemed very excited and breathless and had a glint in her eye, do I need to question her further??

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'm ready to be shot down if my memory has played tricks on me but Jonesy is responsible for my funniest/outrageous moment at Withdean, when in one game ( can not remember opponents or year ) we were seemingly strolling in a game when Jonesy was passed the ball down the left and with no opposition player in sight, he trapped the ball, stepped on top of it and put his hand across his brow to shade his eyes and proceeded to look out for the opposition. I have never seen anything like that in a competitive game.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports