Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

N.S.C weight watchers

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just looked at that and it's sugggesting i eat 1200 calories a day. Seems excessively low to me. Says 1320 calories a day to maintain my weight (nearly 14 stone)

Got to be wrong.Anyone eating only 1320 calories a day will lose weight,especially someone of 14 stone.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just looked at that and it's sugggesting i eat 1200 calories a day. Seems excessively low to me. Says 1320 calories a day to maintain my weight (nearly 14 stone)

Got to be wrong.Anyone eating only 1320 calories a day will lose weight,especially someone of 14 stone.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Last year I piled on the pounds, mainly through drinking too much at the footy (8-9 pints was my normal matchday intake, plus a few bottles of wine during the week), and eating too many pies.

I have got back in the gym, watched what I eat and had no alcohol for four months, my weight has dropped by 3 stone, and i feel so much better for it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd give a vegetarian, sugar free and tee total diet a go for 6 weeks, gets all the crap out of your system - once you've shredded a stone do some intensive interval training 3-4 times a week (only need to do 30 mins a day - 30 second walk, 30 second jog, and 30 seconds at 3/4 to full pace x 20)- it really does get boring and hurt like hell, but gets rid of fat and improves your lung capacity; worked wonders for me, but everyone's different - wish you good luck buddy

I'd back up that, best way to shift excess weight with our modern diets is to cut out booze and combine with a bit more exercise.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

You can add Cardio exercise such as cycling, walking, running etc and that will tell you how many calories you've burnt. So if you eat over your allowed limit, you can bring your overall score back down again by doing some exercise. It's quite a fun incentive to exercise when you get into it!

I've just checked my app, and bar one bad day a week I'm never eating more than 1500 cals (including exercise) and I'm mostly consuming around 700 calories a day. I've not felt like I'm dieting either, just being careful. Try eating the calories number it suggests and you'll probably find it easier than you think!

I'm about to finish my 6th week and no complaints from me. Best of luck but do what feels right for you. As Mejona says, if you feel hungry, you're probably doing it wrong!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Btw. I got. The calorie values for piglets pies and the average is 650 cals per pie..so add that to say two pints of beer at 180 per pint , that is around 1000 calories ...if you have two slices of toast and some cereal for brekkie, that adds another 500+ calories, leaving you just 400 to 500 - on the one I am doing for everything else including a dinner. that is where people do not realise what is in pies/ burgers/ kebabs etc

It is surprising how many calories gets eaten up on just everyday things. Costa skinny cappuccino, medium is 71 calories, without the choco sprinkled on it...two of them a day and that is a hell of a lot.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Plateau's are a mare. I hit them about 3 times during my time (lost 4 stone). The key is psychology. If you are in for the long haul now you needn't worry, it's a blip. As a rule I would have a binge this weekend if i were you and do no exercise. THEN, have four thin days from Monday. Drink plenty of water. It should kick start your metabolism. Oh, and don't get back on the scales till next Friday. Even if you are still at the same weight your metabolism will have changed.

I like the sound of that... I am in this for the long haul, so not a problem... well the problem is I like food !!!
Will try it & see what happens

Yep, I seem to remember reading that having a binge every so often can actually be a good thing as it shocks the body out of its 'famine' mode (where it stores the fat because food is limited and so natural survival kicks in and so you can't seem to shed the weight despite sticking to the diet). Having an evening or weekend 'off' the diet in effect makes the body take the brakes off because food is plentiful again and so when you go back 'on' the diet the body is more amenable to letting go of the fat.

The trick is not making the times off the diet too regular or too long!! :D

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

my recommended amount 2050

marybha123

Aug 22, 2008
Eastbourne
I have been on a health kick since early november. I cut out the high carb food like bread, pasta, rice and potatoes and subsituted them with vegetables, eggs etc. Ive now lost 3.5 stone. I have increased my weekly exercise too! Its true what most are saying eat less exercise more, also by eating sensible will change your attitude to food too, I now look at food in a completely different light, I now eat to live rather than live to eat ! I enjoy the treats more now because they are less frequent and eating out becomes more exciting because it happens not so often. whatever happens enjoy it dont see it as a chore but more as a reward, you will lose weight and you will enjoy doing it, and when youve lost what you want to lose you will enjoy buying the new wardrobe and enjoy looking at yourself in the mirror again ! also bumping into people you have not seen for ages and them not recognising you because youve lost weight is a real compliment and confidence booster. Remember THIN IS THE NEW FAT !!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nhs recommend 1900 calories for male adult

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

this is mine based on me being 305 pound aiming for 235

NUTRITIONAL GOALS
Net Calories Consumed* / Day 2,050 calories/day
Carbs / Day 282 g
Fat / Day 68 g
Protein / Day 77 g
FITNESS GOALS GOALS
Calories Burned / Week 1,680 calories/week

Calories Burned
From Normal Daily Activity 3,020 calories/day
Net Calories Consumed*
Your Daily Goal 2,050 calories/ day
Daily Calorie Deficit 970 calories
Projected Weight Loss 1.9 lbs/ week

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nhs recommend 1900 calories for male adult

I always thought it was 2500 average male and 2000 average female?

Either way, my recommended calorie intake for maintenance (just to stay the same) is 2890! I went to the doctors for something seperate and the nurse said she would happily suggest I eat 3000 calories a day just to put on some weight.

The advantage of being 6ft 4!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I've gone from 17st 12lbs to 16st 4 in just over 3 weeks by eating sensibly. I'm loosely following the mrs's Weightwatchers Propoints, but I'm f***ed if I'm spunking out god knows how much on f***ing iPhone apps, and going to meetings with fellow cake handed waddlers. As long as I stay in my "boundaries", then I feel like I'm achieving something.

22lb in just over 3 weeks ? that can't be healthy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am on weight watchers pro points and was 22st in July this morning I weighed in at 19st 4lb. I weighed this the week before Christma but put on 8lb and it has taken until now to come back off due to cold weather and eating stews and steak and kidney puddings. I must say on this program I am never hungry as I have a load of vegetable with my 120gms of meat and 200gms of potatoes.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've lost 17 pounds in 4 months by going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and doing 40 or so minutes on cardio work; bike, stepper and rower. ALso switched to fat free milk and yoghurt. Didn't really change diet apart from that. Every time I go to the gym I can see the weight drippping off me onto the floor.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Excellent topic.

I'd gotten lazy and complacent and put on a bit. I was a great snacker. Tried running a bit but it was ridiculous, I had nothing in the tank. I realised I had to radically change my intake. I looked at food in a you-are-what-you-eat way and decided if it was too manufactured, I'd dodge it and keep it simple. Bread, dairy, biscuits, crisps, chocolate and to some degree booze were gone. Breckies is a collection of sees and dried fruit, 5 pieces of fruit during the day then something simple later. I lost maybe 3 stone, but felt so much more alert. I run twice a week and ride once a week. I do a few reps with dumbbells morning and evening too.

Never give up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know it's a bit girly, but is anyone else trying to shed some lard? Two weeks ago i weighed in at 17 half stone, I've been seriously on it and lost 6 pounds but I'm bloody starving all time. My favourite time posting on here is late at night and raiding the treat cupboard or making a sandwich and I can't and its bloody killing me.
If you fancy, use this thread to update on your deporkification

I lost 4 stone last year. Hardly a model of moderation, the top three tips I'd give anybody are:

1. Buy a decent set of scales (WeightWatchers out of Argos works for me) - when you lose ten pounds on your first month's diet you tend to blame the scales. When the same thing happens in month 2, then you start to maybe wonder if the scales could be THAT far out...

2. Want a pizza? Don't do Dominos 2 for1 Tuesday just because you love the online app. OK, your pizza's gone from Oven 1 to Oven 2, but woopy-do's tho eh? If you must have a pizza - and everybody MUST - then stick a Co-op thin crust one in the fridge before you go to football. you'll save a tenner and a thousand calories.

3. Don't go into the offie to buy a can just because you, er, can. Have days when you actually walk past the thing. Hard to do for sure, but it can be done.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But how can we afford to pay for a new 20 goal a season striker if no-one will eat all the pies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here