Must have accessory this Summer..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of these bad boys

oasis_straw_trilby.jpg

Bugger, for the first time in 35 years I have become a fashion leader....however, due to folical denudation it is a necessity rather than a fashion statement

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
It is a fashion, not a clone. A clone to me is people that still wear the same Ralph Lauren, McKenzie or YSL shirt that takes no style at all, big over sized shirts and slip on loafers in the queue for Oceana.

It takes a certain confidence to wear this style. It is not just about the hat, it is HOW you wear it.

At least some people understand.:clap:

It's called STYLE.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It is a fashion, not a clone. A clone to me is people that still wear the same Ralph Lauren, McKenzie or YSL shirt that takes no style at all, big over sized shirts and slip on loafers in the queue for Oceana.

It takes a certain confidence to wear this style. It is not just about the hat, it is HOW you wear it.

That's my point. It's exactly the same as those people in the oceana queue, that's why it's funny when someone get's all superior, they're exactly the same as the people they look down on but don't even know it.

It takes a cirtain kind of confidence! :lolol: To do what, copy what every other 6th former is wearing to try and look cool. Trying so hard to look different, they all look the same :lolol:

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with the style, just people following the latest trend that loads of people are wearing and have been for ages and then claiming to be stylish or different. There's nothing stylish about a group of blokes all wearing exactly the same hat, sunglasses and jeans.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

On your head? Seriously it takes a certain delusion to wear this style. Do you all think you are in the Style Council?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
That's my point. It's exactly the same as those people in the oceana queue, that's why it's funny when someone get's all superior, they're exactly the same as the people they look down on but don't even know it.

It takes a cirtain kind of confidence! :lolol: To do what, copy what every other 6th former is wearing to try and look cool. Trying so hard to look different, they all look the same :lolol:

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with the style, just people following the latest trend that loads of people are wearing and have been for ages and then claiming to be stylish or different. There's nothing stylish about a group of blokes all wearing exactly the same hat, sunglasses and jeans.

Well of course you would not wear EXACTLY the same as everyone else, you find an individuality within the fashion itself.

It IS different to those in the oceana line if you ask me because this is a look of now that will change soon. The stone island wearing masses wear the same thing year in, year out with no thought process. You could wear a blue stone island jumper this year, next year and for the next ten years but it is not really different is it. To me it lacks a bit of imagination because there is little variety.

Anyway, fashion is subjective isn't it so probably pointless even discussing it.

Last edited:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm more of a sports casual man myself. Stay creased action slacks à la Monsieur Partridge. I also shop at the store that caters for the man with the fuller figure: Mr Fat Bastard.

Jimmy Grimble

Only the twelfth time you've mentioned you wear a trilby SDL :lol:

Rolled up chinos are far superior to rolled up jeans when it's hot.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
style+council.jpeg

SDL and his mate rushing down Terminus Road to Powerplay records to pick up one of the Kylie posters in the 99p sale.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I got me some flip flops yesterday. I must be a day ahead of the times. I never new I was so cool.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You look like you think Scouting for Girls and Razorlight are good current indie music, or as Frankie would say, like someone shaved a monkey and kicked him out through topshop. Tacky and no style. Horrible in everyway but if you wanna dress like topshop tells you so be it. But it ain't cool.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep, I saw a couple of bellends walking along the beach both wearing those hats, jeans and crap sunglasses.

Why be just another clone? To me it's no better than a group of chavs in their McKenzie gear fresh out of sports soccer.

Agreed "Look at me i'm so cool and quirky" people were wearing that kind of stuff 2 years ago in Ibiza, now you can pick up all that stuff for under £50 in H&M, River Island, Topshop etc etc. Sheep

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Agreed "Look at me i'm so cool and quirky" people were wearing that kind of stuff 2 years ago in Ibiza, now you can pick up all that stuff for under £50 in H&M, River Island, Topshop etc etc. Sheep

Agreed wearing an outfit that can be bought for under £50 in H&M including accessories which is made in Romania can hardly be called "individual" or cutting edge. To me this is the new chav and is looked upon in disdain much the same way.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
top to toe: Trilby or boater, shades, horizontal striped t-shirt with rolled/capped sleeves, roll up jeans, boat shoes or white plimsolls topped off with shoulder bag, a few indie bracelets and a tan = fanny magent :)

= gay. Wear a skirt and have done with it.

f***ing HELL NO!!!!!! Lets all look like we are out of some non descript indie band.

:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports