Murray! What do we do??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
The abuse towards Murray, in my opinion, is useless.

On tonight of all nights, Gus will want us 100% behind the team to spur them on to victory. If Freedman has Murray prancing up and down the touchline warming up every 5 minutes the fans attention will be solely on that, and not on the game. Boo Murray all you like before and after, but during the game we should be behind the team 100% and not let things like that get in the way of supporting the lads.

I hate Palace just as much as the next Brighton fan, but I think turning our attention away from our team and focusing it on theirs, will simply bring a negative effect to the game, hence then spurring the Palace lads on twice as much do get one over on us.

Despite what he did, Murray is still a good player who helped us a great deal to get us where we are this season. The matter in which he left us however, makes it a different situation. I would say a small round of applause plus a good bit of booing when his name is read out, however when the ref blows his whistle, we are behind the team and not letting the occasion ruin the success of the game.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If you think he's going to get, or should get, anything even vaguely approaching a good reception, you're deluding yourself.

I'd wager he will get a lot better reception that a lot of you on here expect, or would like him to get.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'd wager he will get a lot better reception that a lot of you on here expect, or would like him to get.

I suspect you're right - it will be a mixture of clapping and booing, which will kind of sum up how I feel about the situation.

The fact is, Gus didn't think he was worth the money, so let him go. If we'd have offered the same as Palace, he'd have stayed. Gus thought he could buy better, and I reckon he has. None of which is really Murray's fault.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Given that his face got quite a big boo whenever it appeared on the highlights from last season at the Spurs or Donny game (I forget), I can't agree.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The fact is, Gus didn't think he was worth the money, so let him go. If we'd have offered the same as Palace, he'd have stayed. Gus thought he could buy better, and I reckon he has. None of which is really Murray's fault.

Gus didn't think he was worth the money. He needed the money with allegedly an ex-wife demanding her pound of flesh. I actually feel a bit sorry for him. But that's probably because of his permanent hang dog expression.

He's not going to play anyway! He will be doing his absolute best to get out of this and if he does play he'll get himself off with one of his shoddy hand balls or some silly tackle. Hernia, Hamstring, toothache or the "Me misses and me baybey dont want me't tec playing coz Emerdale is on and Iv'e mayde graveyyy". He will want to be anywhere, Panama prison and Fritzl's basement included, than the AMEX stadium tonight. That said, let's hope he plays, as the utter DEVISTATION Calvin Andrew will cause in his place WILL send SHOCKWAVES through the footballing world. What a player..... "Coughs"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think you are wrong. But then I don't think he will play anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports