Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray misses Withdean finale (from the Argus)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Murray Murray Murrray.... Im pretty fed up with all this. The longer it goes on the less likely it he is staying. He will eb very difficult to replace but we will need another strong striker anyway. right now we have only two strikers on our books who can start in the Championship and if Murray goes we have 1.

I'd say the longer it goes on the less likely it is that he's going to leave, like he's waiting for something better than we're offering, and the longer he waits, the less likely that he receives such an offer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hart didn't play for the reserves last evening and Holroyd came off early and didn't look injured (just ineffective). I think Barnes will start with Wood, Hart to come on with 20 mins remaining.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I'm fed up with all this murray shit .Who cares I'm convinced he's championship class anyway
He's never really wanted to be here. Seems to be holding the club to ransom I think we wil bring better in
Another point is he's seems to have done so much better this season.Did he have one eye on a nice big signing on fee

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Another point is he's seems to have done so much better this season.Did he have one eye on a nice big signing on fee

No, he has played a full season, and we are creating more chances. His goals to games record is not much higher than in previous seasons.

Whether he stays or goes, I always found Glenn Murray was one of those frustrating players who you knew could do it, but never reached his potential - until Gus came along. I believe that if he does go, whoever buys him may find that this season was his peak. However, if he stays he there is every chance he can maintain that level.

If he's got any sense, he'll renew his ticket for the Gus Bus, but we will see.

Our 'surviving' players from the Wilkins era have almost all seen a 'revolution' in their perceived quality, purely because GP has instilled confidence in/from them by 1) generally surrounding them with a higher standard team, and 2) getting the team-work so that players backed each other up and supported each other better.
Virgo could strand el-Abd or put him under pressure with poor choices of passes, Hinshelwood wasn't always thinking, and Elphick was always wandering forward in a quest for glory leaving one at the back to face counter-attacks.

I wouldn't have minded so much about Forster taking the ball into the corner when we were ahead IF our midfield and defence kept concentration and didn't get mugged by a counter. That made us a laughable, time-wasting FAIL.

Now everyone raves about players who truthfully haven't changed their own game as much as they think - but have no-longer been made scapegoats by poor passing and no support from their team-mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here