Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray misses Withdean finale (from the Argus)

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Glenn Murray has played his last game for Albion - at least this season.

The Seagulls' 22-goal top scorer misses Saturday's last ever game at Withdean against Huddersfield and the final fixture of the campaign for the League One champions at Notts County on May 7.

Murray, out-of-contract at the end of the season and yet to sign a new deal, suffered a left shoulder injury during last Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Southampton.

A scan has revealed nothing serious but manager Gus Poyet told The Argus: "He won't be ready for the last two games.

"It's just a precaution. We'll rest him for three or four weeks."

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Barnes and Wood to start. Sandaza on the bench and, I suspect, a sentimental goodbye for Gary Hart coming on for the last few minutes.

which in my opinion is exactly as it should be

Don't Gus's words stimulate a bit of encouragement?
Why mention 4 weeks? What would 4 weeks matter if he was going anywhere, might as well just say "he won't finish the season (with us)" A precaution? What, so a player who is out of contract anyway won't suffer any injury??

Thank about it and get back to me.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
When it happened I didn't think he'd play again this season anyway, so I'm not sure this is due to him leaving.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Don't Gus's words stimulate a bit of encouragement?
Why mention 4 weeks? What would 4 weeks matter if he was going anywhere, might as well just say "he won't finish the season (with us)" A precaution? What, so a player who is out of contract anyway won't suffer any injury??

Thank about it and get back to me.

Lighten up don`t take life so seriously

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Barnes and Wood to start. Sandaza on the bench and, I suspect, a sentimental goodbye for Gary Hart coming on for the last few minutes.

which in my opinion is exactly as it should be

Why on earth would you play Wood he has no control he made no contribution at all in his last 3 games and god only knows when he scored last {Not counting pens)

Lighten up don`t take life so seriously

Huh?
I am light, with the idea that Murray isn't "gone", I'm happy as a clam mate.
Nothing to be serious about, unless you found "get back to me" an angry affront or something?

This thread seems to lean towards the concept of Muzz having bigger ideas, but if he had those he'd be best to stay at BHA for them. He looks keener on the pitch nowadays as well. That's a good thing in my book, no darkness here - sunshine :thumbsup:

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
I think Murray will stay. Basically we're on the up and he's number one striker with us, meaning more games for him at a higher level in a fantastic new stadium.
Plus a top replacement would cost £500k upwards plus hefty wages. Add this up against paying Murray a re-signing fee and increased wages, I think there will be a meeting of minds between all parties.
Also Muzza seems happy in Brighton with his new partner.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Murrays got a severe bout of Northernitus, he's never quite managed to shake it since he's been down here. We'll not see him in the stripes again, but I have every confidence Gus will be bringing in some signings that'll make us forget all about Glenn soon enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here