Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray misses Withdean finale (from the Argus)

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think Murray will stay. Basically we're on the up and he's number one striker with us, meaning more games for him at a higher level in a fantastic new stadium.
Plus a top replacement would cost £500k upwards plus hefty wages. Add this up against paying Murray a re-signing fee and increased wages, I think there will be a meeting of minds between all parties.
Also Muzza seems happy in Brighton with his new partner.

I think you are probably wrong. If he were to stay, it is extremely unlikely he would be our "number one striker". I feel sure that Gus's desire for a top quality striker has never gone away, and that now we will have more money to spend, he is more likely to be able to afford the type of player he wants - a natural goal scorer, which I do not think Murray is. In such an important position, I do not think that we will be trying to do things on the cheap as you are suggesting. Thankfully, Dick Knight's penny pinching ways are long behind us! Tony Bloom wants to get to the Premiership asap - Glen Murray will not provide the fire power to get us there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was disappointed to see that OGH was on the bench last Monday instead of Adgestein or Holroyd. Perhaps Toby isnt ready and Gus has decided that Holroyd doesn't fit the bill

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I was disappointed to see that OGH was on the bench last Monday instead of Adgestein or Holroyd. Perhaps Toby isnt ready and Gus has decided that Holroyd doesn't fit the bill

Gus wants to target the 100 point mark and doesn't want a young striker to have to deal with the hype instantly. He believes someone like OGH will be able to handle the pressure more, which is understandble but would much prefer Toby to be involved more!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Huh?
I am light, with the idea that Murray isn't "gone", I'm happy as a clam mate.
Nothing to be serious about, unless you found "get back to me" an angry affront or something?

This thread seems to lean towards the concept of Muzz having bigger ideas, but if he had those he'd be best to stay at BHA for them. He looks keener on the pitch nowadays as well. That's a good thing in my book, no darkness here - sunshine :thumbsup:

Nice one ! Personaly ithink if Murray stays good , if he goes it won`t be the end of the world. A great team has won the title this season, not any one player.I don`t know what all the panic is about for next season, lets enjoy this one while it lasts

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fact is some mug club will pay murrays silly wage demands,this has been dragging on for ages and to be honest the sooner he goes the better.

Bangs in loads of goals just as his contract expires,the man before that has been reknown for being lazy and injured.

Gus can get much better and a proven championship player:thumbsup:

Know doubt im the only one who thinks this but i just don't like him:lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Part of me suspects murray signed a contract months ago and the club are just messing with us for shits and giggles.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I'm sorry but anyone who thinks losing Murray wont be a problem is getting a tad bit dillusional with the Albion. Look at us when we're not playing with Murray, we look alot more limited without him as seen against Saints. Our stadium wont bring in sudden top class talent to replace the likes of Murray and Bennett, it will still be an average size Championship stadium at best regardless of how shiney it might be. If clubs who are almost in the prem are looking to sign him then there is absolute no way we will manage to bring in someone who will make us forget all about our top striker/player of this season leaving on a free. I will be gutted if he goes as it'll be very hard to find another Berbabtov of the football league.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
With Murray out Gus faces a conundrum.... if he is considering Wood at all for next yewar then hes got to play him to give him two last chances. If not, he needs to blood Toby because it will be harder to blood him next season. If he has gone against Wood then he can include Hart in the squad for sentimental reasons, perhaps. Toby must play at least 30 mins at Notts, which will be more like a friendly..

Ees complicated (couldnt resist)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Murray Murray Murrray.... Im pretty fed up with all this. The longer it goes on the less likely it he is staying. He will eb very difficult to replace but we will need another strong striker anyway. right now we have only two strikers on our books who can start in the Championship and if Murray goes we have 1.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whether he stays or goes, I always found Glenn Murray was one of those frustrating players who you knew could do it, but never reached his potential - until Gus came along. I believe that if he does go, whoever buys him may find that this season was his peak. However, if he stays he there is every chance he can maintain that level.

If he's got any sense, he'll renew his ticket for the Gus Bus, but we will see.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

If Gus rates OGH above Adgestein what does it say about the latter's current standard? That said, Gus must see something to have extended his contract by a year. I'd like to see Adgestein this season if possible, even if only for 30 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here