Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Multi cultural Amex

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Respectfully, I reckon you are wrong. I'd imagine that in percentage terms we've seen an explosion in gay fans. I have a feeling you see gays as flamboyantly dressed Kenneth Williams clones and are therefore blind to it.

I also have a feeling that you aren't counting lesbians either.

No I just go to watch the football - I'm sure numbers have risen but as the saying goes 1% of bugger all is still bugger all!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
ValcVQA.jpg

What utter tripe! Maybe some truth in it, but human kind are a pack animal, ignore it at your peril.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Being a lefty I attend the Amex purely to head count minorities. Obviously I only count blacks and Asians as such , if there is less than 30% dusky, I leave. All those early leavers? That's us Guardian readers leaving in disgust.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They were mostly Iranians. Not Arabs. Mostly went home to fight in Iraq-Iran war, and didnt return.

My sister had two Iraqi's staying with her they were training to be fighter pilots, from what I remember they both had very rich parents who sent them loads of money

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Good to see that in honour of the diversity levels we hold so dear, International Women's Day hasn't even had a mention yet.

Gully's Girls anyone?

:moo:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've often thought about this too. It's very strange that the diversity in ethnicity of the stewards seems vastly different to that of the fans. Why aren't there more non-white fans?

I think we're very much a family club. Have we been that good at generating new fans over the years or are we just made up of sons and daughters who've "inherited" the albion?
Many of the stewards aren't local, are they?

When I was a steward during my uni days (Oxford Brookes), I didn't get an Oxford gig, but did do Wembley and Cheltenham.

I'd imagine a lot are bussed in from South London/Crawley etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

When I was a steward during my uni days (Oxford Brookes), I didn't get an Oxford gig, but did do Wembley and Cheltenham.

I used to do stewarding at Wembley stadium and arena as well. It was the very late 80s. It was good fun. It was mainly music gigs though.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Being next to a university may provide a clue to the source of cheap labour.:facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008
It's Das Reich/PPF attempting to be amusing but actually coming across as a racist and a dunce. As usual.,

Picture a dog chasing it's own tail.
you've not even answered the original question ....................... STRUGGLING :lolol:
regards
DR

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You are quite right. I neglected to consider that Sussex Uni is very international - I don't know about Brighton as I didn't study there.

I was a steward when at uni(Norwich), it was a mix of students, housewives looking for pin money and older fans tired of being in the crowd and were happy to be paid to watch the game from the touchline rather than pay for season tickets. Quite a good bunch and devoid of the little Hitlers you hear about on here, mind you the training was highly rated as were the stewards. The Pies were friggin dire though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was a steward when at uni(Norwich), it was a mix of students, housewives looking for pin money and older fans tired of being in the crowd and were happy to be paid to watch the game from the touchline rather than pay for season tickets. Quite a good bunch and devoid of the little Hitlers you hear about on here, mind you the training was highly rated as were the stewards. The Pies were friggin dire though.
My experience was somewhat different. 40% students and 60% little Hitlers. There were some students that would have slotted in to the middle of a Venn diagram.

The company I worked for went bust as the owner maimed someone with a pool ball and cue.

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think I have but sorry if you thought that last bit was anything to do with your views - it wasn't it was aimed at the morons that go through life trying to divide people
YOU SOUND ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED OVER THIS WHOLE DEBATE , SOMETHING YOU'RE STRUGGLING TO COME TO TERMS WITH , the facts are the Amex is a bastion of white support, just wondered why that is .
regards
DR

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
My experience was somewhat different. 40% students and 60% little Hitlers. There were some students that would have slotted in to the middle of a Venn diagram.

The company I worked for went bust as the owner maimed someone with a pool ball and cue.

It was about 10, 10 and 80% were I was. Got the landlady involved and she got a kick or 2 of the brats in the family inclosure, it was safer in the away end where I was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here