Multi cultural Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I agree, perfectly fair question yet people straight away looking for the 'alternative motive'....sign of the times i'm afraid.

The original question was actually a very good point that i don't remember being discussed on here before.
It's because it came from a poster who calls himself 'Das Reich'.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
There's an Israeli guy that sits behind me, my mate takes my season ticket from time to time, he's Black and from the midlands. I also hear Spanish very often at the Amex. I think the crowd is reasonably diverse and probably follows the make up of Brighton more and more. However sadly I think the original post by DR was more about not seeing so many brown faces in the crowd. My view on that, is that if they don't want to come, then they just don't want to come, it's not necessarily anything football or The Albion is doing wrong. Also I don't think we have a huge Indian sub continent population here in Sussex and many that are here have allegences to other clubs. Man U Liverpool etc. my neighbour who is Indian, says why pay to go to a stadium when you can watch it in your own home? He has a point if you live in Brighton and support Man U.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
They've already taken over the streets...Going to football is the only escape nowadays:lolol:
Brighton isn't really as multicultural as people think and the stats prove that :thumbsup:

Who are 'they'? Perhaps they are one of the thousands of international students that study in Brighton?

What about the white Albion fans with parents born else where in the world? Would they be considered 'multi-cultural' or do you only count people with higher melanin levels than yourself?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Here is the reason, multi-culturism.

It is not in the culture of some to go to football. Clubs that do have a bit more colour in the crowd like Birmingham City, have a large and long established population in the town of people with West Indian ancestry, West Indian people have slotted into British culture in more ways than most other non European migrants have, because the culture in the West Indies had been shaped by Europeans and so it is not so very different.

Multi-culturism means not assimilating, it means keeping your own culture. Fine, but you can't then worry about people from other cultures not showing up to things or taking part in things that are outside of their culture.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I agree, perfectly fair question yet people straight away looking for the 'alternative motive'....sign of the times i'm afraid.

The original question was actually a very good point that i don't remember being discussed on here before.

You obviously understand fluent bollox then because his opening post could have alluded to anything and all his other postings are a shambolic attempt to make it look like he had raised a debate rather than one of his mass debates* of mild racism and grooming techniques

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Here is the reason, multi-culturism.

It is not in the culture of some to go to football. Clubs that do have a bit more colour in the crowd like Birmingham City, have a large and long established population in the town of people with West Indian ancestry, West Indian people have slotted into British culture in more ways than most other non European migrants have, because the culture in the West Indies had been shaped by Europeans and so it is not so very different.

Multi-culturism means not assimilating, it means keeping your own culture. Fine, but you can't then worry about people from other cultures not showing up to things or taking part in things that are outside of their culture.

Whilst I agree with your post entirely I would add that whilst watching the black country ish derby of Villa v W Brom I didn't actually notice any black faces in either set of fans and I would have thought that I would have?

Just a thought but maybe I didn't notice them because I don't spend my time trying to spot people who I don't want to like, might want to pick on or look to find some fault with in order to justify why I should hate people.

Lets face it whilst its good to want to retain many British values and culture and there are issues to resolve with integration most people and nationalities can get on together as on the whole most people are good but I've found that whilst a few racists are clever and can argue a few points they are pretty much the same as their followers - vile people in day to day life. If it wasn't the foreigners they were picking on it would be the weak or infirm or anyone they want to bully or control.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I agree. Some decent responses, but obviously the spoilers would rather have a pop at the poster of the thread.....Irish digging the roads in the 70's and 80's jeez.
Anyway, there are many students who probably support their sides from where they originate, or perhaps they would prefer to spend what cash they have meeting up for a few drinks, rather than the cost of the match ticket.
Other ethnic minorities could well support a Prem team. Less than 4 years in a stadium that can accommodate a big crowd and the diehards obviously went when the tickets were rare at the Withdean.
Perhaps when a few from the ethnic minority turn up, their mates might follow, things might change a few seasons in.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After 30 years living in and around Birmingham which is truly multi-cultural it feels strange to see an implied criticism that the crowd at the Amex should in any way reflect something other than the demographic of the environment in which it is located. As a visitor to the town it seems to me to pretty much attract the audience you would expect.

That said it appears more child and more female friendly than any ground I visit.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
In the words of Morrissey

"The poor and the needy, are selfish and greedy on their terms"

It's '...on her terms' about the queen and not about racists.......oh hang on.....I see what you did there...:lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whilst I agree with your post entirely I would add that whilst watching the black country ish derby of Villa v W Brom I didn't actually notice any black faces in either set of fans and I would have thought that I would have?

Just a thought but maybe I didn't notice them because I don't spend my time trying to spot people who I don't want to like, might want to pick on or look to find some fault with in order to justify why I should hate people.

Lets face it whilst its good to want to retain many British values and culture and there are issues to resolve with integration most people and nationalities can get on together as on the whole most people are good but I've found that whilst a few racists are clever and can argue a few points they are pretty much the same as their followers - vile people in day to day life. If it wasn't the foreigners they were picking on it would be the weak or infirm or anyone they want to bully or control.

I think you have wandered off on your own thread.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's Das Reich/PPF attempting to be amusing but actually coming across as a racist and a dunce. As usual.,

Picture a dog chasing it's own tail.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just had a thought, surely Paul Samrah would qualify as a plus in the diversity box?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Surprised there are so many responses to such an obvious troll thread started by a troll account.

I do wonder what goes through the OP's mind, very little apart from amusement at others misfortune i suppose.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not many to be seen , seems traditional support for many years , any reason why ???
regards
DR

image.jpg

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Have you noticed how DR always writes in short questioning part sentences like a red indian?

"not many to be seen? seems traditional support for many years? "

"interesting?"

Is he part indian? only if he is that would make us a really multicultural club like he wishes us to be

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Using his logic because we have a large Gay community we should have masses of Gay albion fans but thats not happened either

Respectfully, I reckon you are wrong. I'd imagine that in percentage terms we've seen an explosion in gay fans. I have a feeling you see gays as flamboyantly dressed Kenneth Williams clones and are therefore blind to it.

I also have a feeling that you aren't counting lesbians either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports