Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Multi cultural Amex

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've often thought about this too. It's very strange that the diversity in ethnicity of the stewards seems vastly different to that of the fans. Why aren't there more non-white fans?

I think we're very much a family club. Have we been that good at generating new fans over the years or are we just made up of sons and daughters who've "inherited" the albion?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
ValcVQA.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
I've often thought about this too. It's very strange that the diversity in ethnicity of the stewards seems vastly different to that of the fans. Why aren't there more non-white fans?

I think we're very much a family club. Have we been that good at generating new fans over the years or are we just made up of sons and daughters who've "inherited" the albion?
spot on , first person to say it how it is:thumbsup:
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Brighton is Sussexs club,up until fairly recently the only professional club in the county,th support is county wide with season ticket holders spread rom the furthest reaches,east to west. Sussex, as a county isn't very multi cultural, I live in Worthing,and until recently it was very white, English, as is most of the rest of the county, outside the City of Brighton and Hove. I wonder what percentage of st holders are from the City ,and what percentage from the rest of Sussex, and exiles

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
that one's gone right over your head:facepalm: in fact i would say your response was the racist one :blush:
regards
DR

Nice try, poor comeback calling me a racist, your credibility issues continue.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
This is such a dumb thread - In virtually every ground in the country I every been to ( and its quite a few) Ive seen ethnic stewards, in London especially the percentage of ethnic stewards is greater than ethnic fans, its no different at the Amex, you would be better debating why people with an ethnic background become stewards.

While you are at it remind me again why in the seventies and eighties why was it so many people who dug up the roads were Irish?

Jan 30, 2008
This is such a dumb thread - In virtually every ground in the country I every been to ( and its quite a few) Ive seen ethnic stewards, in London especially the percentage of ethnic stewards is greater than ethnic fans, its no different at the Amex, you would be better debating why people with an ethnic background become stewards.

While you are at it remind me again why in the seventies and eighties why was it so many people who dug up the roads were Irish?
yes of course , let's aviod the topic completely, be honest with yourself :facepalm:
regards
DR

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This morning in Hove there was one point where every voice I heard was everything other than English, but its nothing new for Brighton & Hove we've always had visitors here and its really quite nice.

All wonderful romantic stuff until like me it took you four attempts and a blackboard to order a McDonald's breakfast in my home town, even then she got the order wrong!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
in what way , no one seems capable of giving a straight answer on the topic, maybe some people are feeling a bit uncomfortable about the fact that we could be seen slacking in welcoming ethnic minority to the Amex
regards
DR

I agree, perfectly fair question yet people straight away looking for the 'alternative motive'....sign of the times i'm afraid.

The original question was actually a very good point that i don't remember being discussed on here before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here