Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mrs Browns Boys

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
Complete shit, although they do have some good jokes in there. If you have any Irish relations, there is a certain charm to it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s almost as if Auntie is doing Nadine Dorries job for her.
Do people actually still pay to watch this old bobbins?

About as funny as toothache.

:lolol:

The only thing that seems to unite NSC is how shite MBB is.

Now we've pointed out the one programme (ok, three with Miranda and Citizen Khan) that is shit on the BBC can anyone tell me the three good programmes on Council Telly as I've yet to see a single thing I want to watch on there and their football coverage is hilariously bad.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Funny how nobody confesses to liking it on here but it get absolutely huge ratings??

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Funny how nobody confesses to liking it on here but it get absolutely huge ratings??

My mother in law thinks it’s the funniest thing on Television, she also thinks that Catchphrase’s Stephen Mulhearn is the next Bruce Forsyth when it comes to light entertainment.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My mother in law thinks it’s the funniest thing on Television, she also thinks that Catchphrase’s Stephen Mulhearn is the next Bruce Forsyth when it comes to light entertainment

I keep trying to get tickets to watch that show being recorded.

Then when he says, “Say what you see!” I can shout out “An unfunny ****.”

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Having a very restricted set of three rooms (kitchen, lounge & bar) there is very little they can do. The whole show is the script and actors and again, once a joke has been told it's old hat. Each week someone forgets their lines, unfunny now, and Grandad gets threatened, unfunny now.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I keep trying to get tickets to watch that show being recorded.

Then when he says, “Say what you see!” I can shout out “An unfunny ****.”

PM me, I have an in on the ticket front, just don’t dob me in as your getting thrown out 😂

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My blood boils as soon as I see that name. Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter sh*te

Please remove this thread so I don't even have to see it.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I had the misfortune of a family member having it on TV the last time I was in the UK. It was one of the most memorable things I saw. Takes rubbish to a new level. Even worse than the Burnley game.

Jan 30, 2008
Apparently returning to our screens after 9 years.

Probably an age thing, but I never really got it, and to quote Mr Bernard Manning, at times it was as entertaining as an orphanage burning down.

But no doubt I’m in the minority on here 😂

Absolute pile of shite not even funny , end of thread

Regards
DF

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The TV series was quite 'meta' and amusing, albeit I found an actor calling his wife 'mammy' rather uncomfortable watching.
Isn't it an actress calling her husband Mammy? Thought that was sort of the point, that the central character is a bloke in drag.

The bit I don't get is why they used almost entirely his and her family as none of them can act. The bits I have seen, it is mostly harmless, knockabout farce but with abysmal acting. And people saying feck a lot.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My mother in law thinks it’s the funniest thing on Television, she also thinks that Catchphrase’s Stephen Mulhearn is the next Bruce Forsyth when it comes to light entertainment.

Come on you may not like MBB but you have to agree Mulhern is probably the standout light entertainment presenter of his generation. Like Forsyth he's got the unique ability to appeal to all age groups young and old alike.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Have a look at this between 38mins 30secs and 39 mins 20 secs.

Some intriguing scientific analysis showing how it's proven that the third most accurate measure of how someone voted for Brexit is whether they like Mrs Brown's Boys or not.

If you have the time, the whole lecture is worth a watch as it lays out the Pro's and Con's of our decision to leave.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Certainly not returning to my screen. Biggest load of bollocks ever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here