Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mrs Browns Boys

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apparently returning to our screens after 9 years.

Probably an age thing, but I never really got it, and to quote Mr Bernard Manning, at times it was as entertaining as an orphanage burning down.

But no doubt I’m in the minority on here 😂

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Probably an age thing, but I never really got it, and to quote Mr Bernard Manning, at times it was as entertaining as an orphanage burning down.

You are not alone.:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
9 years ?

Its on CONSTANTLY isn't it ? I regularly have to waft past it on the remote.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Top bombing.

It's on the NSC hate list, alongside Zaha and starting duplicate threads and certainly hasn't been away for nine years.

Nice way to crowbar Manning in. It is, in fact, as funny as David Bellotti's Dictaphone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The TV series was quite 'meta' and amusing, albeit I found an actor calling his wife 'mammy' rather uncomfortable watching.

The full length movie was on a par with the Steptoe movie, the finale of which was Harold finding his true love had given birth to a black baby.

Great thread, by the way :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
The TV series was quite 'meta' and amusing, albeit I found an actor calling his wife 'mammy' rather uncomfortable watching.

The full length movie was on a par with the Steptoe movie, the finale of which was Harold finding his true love had given birth to a black baby.

Great thread, by the way :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

As an 8 year old lad I loved the Steptoe movie but can't remember why.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I found an actor calling his wife 'mammy' rather uncomfortable watching.

Hey, you oldER people forget that people of my slightly younger vintage grew up with a bloke pretending his wife was a schoolboy and - it turns out - they were less bothersome than the charity donating Tory who sat kids on his knee every Saturday tea time.

(Is this what you were after Ian - I can dial it up a bit if you need).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think this debate has been done to death. For me it's utter gash but we have to appreciate that we all have different sense of humours. And if it made that many series somebody must be watching it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think this debate has been done to death. For me it's utter gash but we have to appreciate that we all have different sense of humours. And if it made that many series somebody must be watching it.

About as welcoming as Michael Mcintyre getting introduced to humour:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I quite enjoyed the first series but it became incredibly stale quite quickly as it’s basically the same joke every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here