Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most scared you've ever been watching a film.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
image5.png

Another one scarred by Salems Lot. I couldn't sleep for WEEKS after seeing this thing.
I can remember a scene when its in someones kitchen, bold as brass. It just seemed so shockingly real and jarring to see that horrific thing in such a normal "domestic" place as a well-lit kitchen, rather than a crypt or graveyard or something. Freaked me right out that did.

It was exactly that - the juxtaposition of him in a domestic setting sitting round for a cup of rosie and a pack of Peak Freams Trotsky Assortment (copyright Alexi Sayle) biscuits that did my head in, although I still say the boy scratching at the window tops that one in terms of terror value in Salem's Lot. Classic film. Looks a bit dated now but still the daddy imho.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Repulsion by Roman Polanski when I was about 16, nearly shat meself!!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
never been scared of any film,can't get the image of camera crews out of my head to detach me into a world of being scared shitless

however went into brighton to see the exorcist when it came out,really enjoyed it,stayed at a mates house in peacehaven,caught the bus back and took a short cut through some corn fields,with that a f***ing almighty high pitched female scream went up and youv'e never seen 4 strapping young lads run so f***ing quick in your whole life!

robbyford182

Dec 19, 2008
arachnophobia.jpg

This scared the crap out of me when I was a nipper.
Had to do a 5 min check of the toilet and surrounding area before sitting down, for fear of getting my bum bit by a poisonous spider :(

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Blair Witch Project - Crock of shit or intense psychological horror? I'm not sure.
That was going to be my suggestion. I think it was rather over-hyped by the time a lot of people got round to seeing it, so people knew what to expect and it lost some of it's effectiveness. But saw it again recently, having largely forgotten about it - genuinely scary.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I watched this film on BBC 2 on a saturday night (anyone remember the midnight movie then) and I was scared shitless.
The sight of Bela Lugosi still creeps me out.

[yt]Gx-A8mutTDY[/yt]

Pumba04

Jan 27, 2011
Burgess Hill
Carrie... (aged 12)

Mate had a "video party' and invited the fittest birds from our year...

Didn't think this supposed 'horror film' was too bad until the last scene which then made me jump out the sofa and catch the girl who I had been snuggling up too, flush on the nose with my elbow!!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
For me it was Physco -the shower scene. I used to always check the bathroom door was locked before getting in the shower.

This. I can remember watching Psycho while my parents were away on holiday. I let the dog sleep in my bedroom that night.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Asylum when I was 12 or 13, couldn't sleep for ages and still had nightmares about that feckin' breathing brown paper covered head years later...... If I saw it now I'd probably wonder what the fuss was all about.

Great horror film that. Watched it quite recently after a few years.

"Darling, I've got a lovely surprise for you! THIS!" An axe to hack her to death. Gruesome. Why the f*** he goes down to the cellar again after cutting up all the dead pieces and the evil witch-craft bracelet with it, I don't know and that freezer with the hand that strangles Richard Todd. :eek: The music was very creepy in Asylum.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The original Alien had some good scares. The whole thing with Ash being a robot was pretty freaky. Setting the movie at the arse end of the galaxy added to the sense of isolation and horror.

They recently ran Masters of Horror back to back on one of the channels out here and there were a few good episodes.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Rev Kane from Poltergeist II - 'orrible. That and the seance scene from The Changeling, 1980 film with George C Scott. Proper pant browning stuff

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Then there's that caving film where a group of potholing girls get lost underground and there are some nasties after them. I think the scary bit comes from them being stuck underground with no way yout and no one who'll save them.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Night Of The Demon when I was about 10 years old.

Then Tenebrae fifteen years later....was horrified at a couple of scenes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Then there's that caving film where a group of potholing girls get lost underground and there are some nasties after them. I think the scary bit comes from them being stuck underground with no way yout and no one who'll save them.

The Descent. Watched it on DVD last year. The combination of claustrophobia and scary foes did it for me. Truly scary movie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here