Most scared you've ever been watching a film.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I always thought poltergeist was pretty scary

"They're here." :ohmy:

Yes, another really scary film, especially when the tree branch smashes through the bedroom window and wraps itself aroud the terrified boy. His toy clown is bloody sinister too.

Also, towards the end of the film, when the mother is frantically looking for her missing daughter in the pouring rain, slips into the flooded pit in the garden where a swimming pool is being bulilt, and skeletons and rotting corpses start bobbing up in the water, their skulls 'grinning' at her (their house having been built on a cemetary whose buried bodies hadn't been moved first).

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I was six. This scared the hell out of me then..................................................... and still does

thumbnail.aspx

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
For me it was Physco -the shower scene. I used to always check the bathroom door was locked before getting in the shower.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
God, that brings back memories, I was just a youngster when I first saw Salems Lot, scared the living shit out of me. I had nightmares about "The Master" for ages.

Yeah it was on at about 11.40 on ITV on week night. I had the tv in front of my bed, my little brother and sister in the bunkbed the other side of the room, so i was dead in front of it, staring at the reawakening atop the half-buried coffin, and the eternal fears of a floating boy tapping on my window. I imagine i went to school the next day a bit sleeplessly, but whenever a film was on on ITV, i was there watching. Including things like The Prince of Darkness and the Hammer Horror ones they put on on Friday nights. That was the good old days. Probably in having the energy not to have to plan when to sleep so much like lively youngsters get. Now, of course, i have to work out whether i am going to see it through before getting the chance to be horrifically lost in it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
image5.png

Another one scarred by Salems Lot. I couldn't sleep for WEEKS after seeing this thing.
I can remember a scene when its in someones kitchen, bold as brass. It just seemed so shockingly real and jarring to see that horrific thing in such a normal "domestic" place as a well-lit kitchen, rather than a crypt or graveyard or something. Freaked me right out that did.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Yeah it was on at about 11.40 on ITV on week night. I had the tv in front of my bed, my little brother and sister in the bunkbed the other side of the room, so i was dead in front of it, staring at the reawakening atop the half-buried coffin, and the eternal fears of a floating boy tapping on my window. I imagine i went to school the next day a bit sleeplessly, but whenever a film was on on ITV, i was there watching. Including things like The Prince of Darkness and the Hammer Horror ones they put on on Friday nights. That was the good old days. Probably in having the energy not to have to plan when to sleep so much like lively youngsters get. Now, of course, i have to work out whether i am going to see it through before getting the chance to be horrifically lost in it.

Ha, you've brought more memories back, the Friday night double-feature of horror. My Dad used to work nights, so I used to watch these every week with my Mum, used to be great staying up late to the early hours then NOT being able to sleep.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
image5.png

Another one scarred by Salems Lot. I couldn't sleep for WEEKS after seeing this thing.
I can remember a scene when its in someones kitchen, bold as brass. It just seemed so shockingly real and jarring to see that horrific thing in such a normal "domestic" place as a well-lit kitchen, rather than a crypt or graveyard or something. Freaked me right out that did.

THIS BLOKE was just as scary in it as well

Salemlot4.JPG

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'm with Easy on this one. Blood and gore aren't scary but the thought of evil and terror visiting your own home is. In Salem's Lot the window tapping sequence late at night is just terrifiying and unforgettable. That's what you call a nightmare. And as a 14 year old I was also scared shitless by "The Shining" - the idea of psychological terror and horror. Still haven't watched it again all these years later.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
Forgot this little beauty, I think it got banned soon after, I can remember some kids on a boat on a lake, and they paddled over to what looked like another empty boat, cue the madman standing up, hearing the snap of the shears and seeing loads of cut off fingers flying through the air.

220px-Theburningposter.jpg

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Takeshi Miike's Audition freaked me out

[yt]yhsrsWcEspc[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports