Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most of the corporate boxes sold at Falmer

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I haven't slagged anyone off, all I said was that I thought it was strange that it appears to have not been publicised.

Sorry, I didn't mean you directly, just in general.

HT asked for info, the bloke (if genuine) is obviously trying to do him a favour and then gets called unprofessional when he tries to help. He shouldn't have bothered :shrug:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I guess the club can’t advertise hospitality packages until they have looked after existing customers? If I’d paid good money for the last decade for hospitality at Withdean, I’d be mighty pissed off if I wasn’t given first refusal at Falmer.

I’m sure they’ll announce remaining packages in due course

This.

Existing hospitality people were contacted first.

and if theyve sold 25% already, I would suggest their marketing strategy has been absolutely spot on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This.

and if theyve sold 25% already, I would suggest their marketing strategy has been absolutely spot on.
True. This is the problem with message boards. Everyone gets into a froth because they don't have all the answers immediately to hand. There is obviously good reason why it hasn't been promoted previously, and this is it.

P.S. I want some of that there hospitality at Falmer. :drool:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

havn't you realised what Hove Born and Inbred's new job is? he's selling hospitatlity at falmer so Brighton and Hove residents first, rest of sussex later and people in SURREY will need to wait until those in Filey have had their dibs :thumbsup:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
This.

and if they have sold 90% already I would suggest the strategy was way off.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
PM me? Why so secretive? Surely the Albion want people to know about this? I know folks who might have been interested in these schemes.

Simple really

I was given the mobile number of one of the team so people could ring him direct.

Would YOU like it if I put YOUR mobile on a football forum?:shootself

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
and if they have sold 90% already I would suggest the strategy was way off.

Our ground is not that big.

You must know that if we do well the ground will be full every week, its just a shame that if we don't do well it will probably be only be half full.

Its always been like that - wish attitudes would change

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
True. This is the problem with message boards. Everyone gets into a froth because they don't have all the answers immediately to hand. There is obviously good reason why it hasn't been promoted previously, and this is it.

Fair enough, but being in the 21st century and with technology being the way it is, businesses do have to manage communications. I cannot help but feel a little left out of the loop. Not a good feeling for someone who has given the club money at a lot of different levels.....assuming the package details are all true of course.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
What presentation?

I understand the presentations that were/are sent out to all the existing corporate people that have supported the Albion in the last few years.

Can't see how they could do it any differently and projects like this will almost certainly be oversubscribed so not everyone can be asked.

Without wanting to get in to an argument over who are the uberfans you would want your family to come first if they helped you survive wouldn't you?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Fair enough, but being in the 21st century and with technology being the way it is, businesses do have to manage communications. I cannot help but feel a little left out of the loop. Not a good feeling for someone who has given the club money at a lot of different levels.....assuming the package details are all true of course.

Herr

Have to say that you have known for months that the stadium is being built and you know when it is going to be finished.

You must have "left" the corporate loop not to have been included but if you want to get back in either PM the guy above or me and will let you have the marketing mobile I was given to pass on to anyone I know.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Yeah - Simster,

As ROSM says.

Us out of towners have to make do with the scraps matey. And that's
fair enough :) Part. people who live in leafy Surrey.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr

Have to say that you have known for months that the stadium is being built and you know when it is going to be finished.

You must have "left" the corporate loop not to have been included but if you want to get back in either PM the guy above or me and will let you have the marketing mobile I was given to pass on to anyone I know.

Obviously I have known the stadium is being built. And also I have known the package details were to be released imminently. I posted a question to this effect a few weeks back. I just feel a little disappointed to have been kept in the loop for so long...to have finally found out the actual details this way. Maybe I am being a bit over sensitive but I feel it would have been better if the club had announced the details publicly and then said 'Initially to current corp people, then STH'.

Anyway, I'm sure it will all work out in the end and I'm sure I'll get what I want.

Up the Hove.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah - Simster,

As ROSM says.

Us out of towners have to make do with the scraps matey. And that's
fair enough :) Part. people who live in leafy Surrey.
The cool thing is that I'm suddenly going to be on the fringes of our catchment area rather than feeling well out of it.

25 minutes to Palace in a crap stadium or 40 minutes to the Albion with our brand new fully operating mothership. You decide. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It seems logical that existing corporate hospitality customers have been offered first dibs on the new boxes. Once they have been sorted out whatever remains will be offered to the rest of us.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Herr

Thanks for your comments CR, but with respect, I'm not sure it's your place to condescend to others about such matters.

This could easily have been avoided by making a simple statement that the club are taking initial orders from existing sponsors, and posting the basic details, but instead it's done "seemingly" under the covers and that will always piss people off, guaranteed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thanks for your comments CR, but with respect, I'm not sure it's your place to condescend to others about such matters.

This could easily have been avoided by making a simple statement that the club are taking initial orders from existing sponsors, and posting the basic details, but instead it's done "seemingly" under the covers and that will always piss people off, guaranteed.

Don't agree.

Fact is, they're not selling hospitality packages to non-existing CH taker-uppers just yet.

They will soon - Paul Rogers is being charged with working out of North Road and Falmer soon in order to sell these packages to new customers. Perhaps one day he can write the definitive A-Z of Portakabins in Sussex Guide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here