Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most of the corporate boxes sold at Falmer

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Thanks for your comments CR, but with respect, I'm not sure it's your place to condescend to others about such matters.

This could easily have been avoided by making a simple statement that the club are taking initial orders from existing sponsors, and posting the basic details, but instead it's done "seemingly" under the covers and that will always piss people off, guaranteed.

I'm not trying to condescend to anyone but the club have been saying what you wanted them to say at FOTA meetings for ages.

There are not that many boxes at falmer and it was pretty obvious to any local firm that with the existing loyal sponsors we have they would go easily without being advertised.

Or would you prefer they went to RBS, AIG, Emirates who can come in over anyone else at the last minute?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
chicken,

I thought it was a regular average seat.

From what's been posted, it is a 'regular average seat' but with a couple of relatively minor benefits, certainly not free-flowing booze that you may be associating with 'hospitality'.

As others have said - it certainly doesn't sound out-of-sorts with what you'd expect from Falmer prices, and I imagine there will be quite an appetite for them (if the £1000 + £99 rates are correct, as I suspect they are).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From what's been posted, it is a 'regular average seat' but with a couple of relatively minor benefits, certainly not free-flowing booze that you may be associating with 'hospitality'.

As others have said - it certainly doesn't sound out-of-sorts with what you'd expect from Falmer prices, and I imagine there will be quite an appetite for them (if the £1000 + £99 rates are correct, as I suspect they are).

£1000 + £99 seems a bit cheap to me. The middle tier will be full of riff-raff.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Our ground is not that big.

You must know that if we do well the ground will be full every week, its just a shame that if we don't do well it will probably be only be half full.

Its always been like that - wish attitudes would change
Who's attitudes though? You seem to be implying (correct me if I'm wrong) that the ground should be full regardless of the team's performance, the opposition, the price, etc. I would argue that 99% of the clubs in the world are identical to us - i.e. there are factors that affect the attendance and no club should rely on the blind loyalty of their fans to turn up week in week out regardless. Some fans will of course, but a lot won't. That's football and that's human nature and you ain't gonna change that.

The attitudes I'd like to see change is the club's. If the team are doing well then the ground (Goldstone, Withdean Falmer) will be full regardless of price. If we're doing not-so-well then it won't be, and the club (and some fans) either have to accept that or do something about it - such as reducing prices. .... But then we've done that topic to death and it's not really what this thread's about.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Guess I better win the lottery quick smart if I want to secure one of those remaining exec boxes..*dreams*

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Or would you prefer they went to RBS, AIG, Emirates who can come in over anyone else at the last minute?

If you actually bothered to read what I posted, then you wouldn't have said that. I'm sure everyone would agree that local businesses and those that have recently supported the club should come first. I have never said otherwise.

Now you probably won't read this next bit, so I reserve the right to point this out to you again in a future post, but my only point here is that it would have been appropriate to publicise the fact that packages were being offered to existing sponsors, so that you don;t alienate those who 1) have sponsored the club in the past, but are not necessarily "on the list" of those the club have contacted, and 2) those new local companies that might be interested.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Who's attitudes though? You seem to be implying (correct me if I'm wrong) that the ground should be full regardless of the team's performance, the opposition, the price, etc. I would argue that 99% of the clubs in the world are identical to us - i.e. there are factors that affect the attendance and no club should rely on the blind loyalty of their fans to turn up week in week out regardless. Some fans will of course, but a lot won't. That's football and that's human nature and you ain't gonna change that.

The attitudes I'd like to see change is the club's. If the team are doing well then the ground (Goldstone, Withdean Falmer) will be full regardless of price. If we're doing not-so-well then it won't be, and the club (and some fans) either have to accept that or do something about it - such as reducing prices. .... But then we've done that topic to death and it's not really what this thread's about.

No, not quite but it would be good if our hardcore support would be in the 15-17k region when the team are having an low-average season in say the Championship instead of the 9-10k I think it might be.

The problems of Pompey might be down to an out of control wage structure but the like of Wigan, Bolton etc is because they don't get enough support through the lean times.

Shit as it is I really don't think that the main reason Withdean is because 3k won't go because of the stadium/atmo. Every club needs a decent number of people who go whatever

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lifetime seat £1000 down now £99 per month for the tickets that go with it
5 year seat £500 now £99 per month for the tickets that go with it

If you want to eat you can then book a table in the corporate bit or just go down to the concourse and have a snack.

Includes all friendlies, cup and league matches + priority booking for internationals, concerts and extra tickets.

Access to the best seats (view) same seat reserved. For every two you buy you get one VIP parking place.

What sold it to me was being able to meet mates in the concourse and then watch the match from corporate - which is a real problem at withdean

what about if you dont give a f*** about corporate and all that entails and just want to turn up on the day and watch a game of football....or is that not what football is about these days?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you actually bothered to read what I posted, then you wouldn't have said that. I'm sure everyone would agree that local businesses and those that have recently supported the club should come first. I have never said otherwise.

Now you probably won't read this next bit, so I reserve the right to point this out to you again in a future post, but my only point here is that it would have been appropriate to publicise the fact that packages were being offered to existing sponsors, so that you don;t alienate those who 1) have sponsored the club in the past, but are not necessarily "on the list" of those the club have contacted, and 2) those new local companies that might be interested.

Those who have sponsored the club in the past ARE 'on the list'.

It is, of course, entirely possible that the current (and lapsed) sponsors are being offered advantageous rates compared to new customers. I repeat, however, that I would guess it's simply the case that the club is not selling packages to new customers YET, and is only dealing with current customers now. The new customers will be approached in the fullness of time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Those who have sponsored the club in the past ARE 'on the list'.

It is, of course, entirely possible that the current (and lapsed) sponsors are being offered advantageous rates compared to new customers. I repeat, however, that I would guess it's simply the case that the club is not selling packages to new customers YET, and is only dealing with current customer now. The new customers will be approached in the fullness of time.

so long as the "corporate" agenda is not subsidised by the cost for people paying "on the day"

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The new customers will be approached in the fullness of time.

When everything has already been sold, if we are to believe what we see on this forum.

It's just cool that we are having this debate at all. I'll shut up now, because I'm clearly in a minority!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
so long as the "corporate" agenda is not subsidised by the cost for people paying "on the day"
It's normally the other way round isn't it? i.e. Firms are often prepared to pay twice as much for slightly comfier seats and a cup of coffee in a china mug at half time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's normally the other way round isn't it? i.e. Firms are often prepared to pay twice as much for slightly comfier seats and a cup of coffee in a china mug at half time.

or if they dont get enough take up in a few years time, then the prices for "joe supporter" have to go up?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I imagine it is at t'Town.
too right...they get good gates as they are pushing for promotion and are doing well at home ( Leeds game tomorrow is a sell out)

It really makes me laugh hearing commentators getting all arsey when games are played at Wembley and there is a huge bank of corporate seats empty when the second half starts whilst the corporate boys and girls are all still having their dinners and drinks....Yet seemly if it wasn't for the corporate then the place wouldnt have been built.

I personally think its all part of the death of this game we know and I see it going the way of the American ideal of a game to promote a product like Toyota or Coca Cola than a game for the "fans" who if you look now at Premiership games is priced totally out of the range of the "common fan"

Still we will never go down that road will we

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
what about if you dont give a f*** about corporate and all that entails and just want to turn up on the day and watch a game of football....or is that not what football is about these days?

I don't disagree with you and wish it wasn't so but....

There are different breeds of prawn sandwiches though - some of them go to every game and know the names of the players.

Some of them save the club and go on to plough loads of money in because they actually support it.

I can live with a certain amount of prawns in every club its the shark soup brigade you have to watch

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
When everything has already been sold, if we are to believe what we see on this forum.

It's just cool that we are having this debate at all. I'll shut up now, because I'm clearly in a minority!

Wanderer the point from me is that you are not too late to get in on whats on offer now and from what I have seen every part of our stadium is very good so if you don't like the corporate bit I'm sure the rest will be miles better than most other clubs offer their fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here