Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most LIKED footballers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
John Byrne
I had the pleasure of sharing a couple of pints and a chat with him (my all-time favourite Albion player) in The Sussex just after England had noused up qualification for Euro 2008. Thoroughly decent, affable bloke. They say 'never meet your heroes, they will only disappoint'. Well thats clearly BOLLOCKS, isn't it. He's a diamond geezer.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
around JB's era Easy, how about Garry Nelson?

Have been reading his book Left Foot Forward, he comes across well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure about Bullard, when he off'd from Fulham who looked after him when long term injured.

Sheringham, Giggs and Schols notable as being liked but from a hated team

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Gerry Ryan has to be the friedliest down to earth and likable player I have ever met.

As for players I haven't met I admire the way Paul Ince got his act together and stopped being a whinging dirty sod on the pitch when he moved to manure from wet spam.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't be fooled by his whiter-than-white TV persona, apparently he's a right wanker in real life.

I was told that his bars were set up so that he could bring the money he earnt in Spain into this country without paying tax. He used to visit Teneriffe regularly when he played for Spurs and brought back a brief case full of sterling each visit as they accepted sterling in the bar. Coincidence that his brother, who ran that bar, is doing time for tax evasion?

I must stress that I was told this and have no proof of its truth or otherwise just passing on the comment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
around JB's era Easy, how about Garry Nelson?

Have been reading his book Left Foot Forward, he comes across well.

Yes, good shout. Nels was a gent on the pitch, although I never met him off it but he seemed like a nice fella.

Left Foot Forward is a great read. If you enjoy that, you'll like Left Foot in the Grave, which mainly focuses on his time as boss at Torquay.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
2eewhtd.jpg

By me, at least

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I always think peter couch Is LOVELY and get genuinly offended if anyone dares criticise his football ability or him as a man.

Graeme le saux was WELL LIKEABLE whenever he does a bit of commentry.

I also reckon theo Walcott and JI SUNG PARK would be really PLEASENT.

Arshavin would be cuddly an gentle but cry after.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Is that right? I know he's f***ed about a bit, which is hardly a surprise and hardly makes him a bad person. Right kids? :thumbsup:

Lineker is anything but Mr Nice Guy.

He got caught doing coke and used his son who was sick with leukemia at the time as a way to stop the press going to town on him.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
i never used to like Bellamy,but he also has donated a lot of time and money to
African charities-so fair play to him.

I remember Ritchie Barker going out of his way to join the Albion fans in the away end
at Mansfield a few years ago,after he had been transferred-top bloke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here