Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most LIKED footballers

ostrich

Banned
Feb 14, 2008
Gary Stevens always good to talk to in the north stand.And John Bryne who is a legend and a top bloke.Dean Wilkins and Steve Gatting were good laughs when they used to clubbing in the paradox in the early 90s but Codner was a wanker

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Off the pitch yes, in football terms, as selfish and arragont as david beckham.

Really?? wasnt the last game he played in when he set up welbeck to score? and when he scored against man city his reaction was anything but arrogant IMO.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
John Byrne
I had the pleasure of sharing a couple of pints and a chat with him (my all-time favourite Albion player) in The Sussex just after England had noused up qualification for Euro 2008. Thoroughly decent, affable bloke. They say 'never meet your heroes, they will only disappoint'. Well thats clearly BOLLOCKS, isn't it. He's a diamond geezer.

Spot on. He is also my all time favourite player and is a top bloke to boot. Ian Chapman is also a great bloke.

My most liked players outside The Albion are:

David Beckham
Jurgen Klinsmann
Matt Le Tissier
Wayne Henderson
Robbie Savage

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Really?? wasnt the last game he played in when he set up welbeck to score? and when he scored against man city his reaction was anything but arrogant IMO.

Call me bias, because i probably am, but going to man united to try and moan your way into, and try telling how fresh fit and good you are enough times we all believe it, the england squad that you are no way good enough to make despite everything not just Liverpool but Merseyside did for you, pretty selfish, but before he say he has a career to think about, fair enough.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Call me bias, because i probably am, but going to man united to try and moan your way into, and try telling how fresh fit and good you are enough times we all believe it, the england squad that you are no way good enough to make despite everything not just Liverpool but Merseyside did for you, pretty selfish, but before he say he has a career to think about, fair enough.

Hang on, i thought you said OFF the pitch he was ok. but ON the pitch he was selfish and arrogant? or did i get it mixed up? i think he has a lot of work to do to get back into the England squad, but i hope he gets there. i think he is the most likly england player to get subbed on and score a late winner when we really need it.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Hang on, i thought you said OFF the pitch he was ok. but ON the pitch he was selfish and arrogant? or did i get it mixed up? i think he has a lot of work to do to get back into the England squad, but i hope he gets there. i think he is the most likly england player to get subbed on and score a late winner when we really need it.

As much as i hate to say it he is still dangerous, but not England quality i don't think.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
zola definitely a legend... am rather partial to mr peter reid.... stuart pearce.....
many albion exes deserve a mention...chappers.....nelse....watto....paul rogers.... currently v impressed with our nicky (shame he wasnt ours many years ago!)

i usually prefer a footballer with intelligence.....but hey, im a snob!!

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
As much as i hate to say it he is still dangerous, but not England quality i don't think.

Not right now, but if him and Rooney play together enough during the season, and do well together, i think he stands a good chance of making the squad.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Albion:

OGH - LEGEND
Budgie
As frustrating as he can be on the pitch, Virgs seems like a good club man to me.
Richard Carpenter seemed NICE (when I met him briefly) Chris Casper might say otherwise.

Non Albion:

Zola
Robert Green seems like a good egg, and genuinely bright for a footballer.
Gus Poyet
Matt Le Tiss
Stuart Pearce
Heskey
Peter Crouch
Curtis Davies also seems to have a really humble attitude.
Theo Walcott seems very grounded.

And of course.....

JIMMY B

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Albion:

OGH - LEGEND
Budgie
As frustrating as he can be on the pitch, Virgs seems like a good club man to me.
Richard Carpenter seemed NICE (when I met him briefly) Chris Casper might say otherwise.

Non Albion:

Zola
Robert Green seems like a good egg, and genuinely bright for a footballer.
Gus Poyet
Matt Le Tiss
Stuart Pearce
Heskey
Peter Crouch
Curtis Davies also seems to have a really humble attitude.
Theo Walcott seems very grounded.

And of course.....

JIMMY B

100% agreed on Virgs, Green, Poyet, Davies and Walcott

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here