Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] More of the Rings

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seeing what they did to Star Wars, I think I’ll give it a miss and keep it ‘special’ ie limit to the books and Jackson’s superb 3 films.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
IIRC they threw that ring into some burning hellhole and it is no longer a problem so they should move on and live happily until they reach old age and die.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Its based on the Silmarillion, one of the books.

Mere jottings my dear - have you tread reading the Silmarillion? Try licking sand paper, it’s wetter.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I imagine this will be similar to GoT in that after a few seasons one has pretty much seen all it has to offer and can cease watching without missing out in anything.

I’ll give it a go. More out of a childhood nostalgia for Tolkien. For me, they could pretty much jumble all the film scenes up, edit them into this new series and it’d all look the same to me. Beards, fire, swords and wizards all to the soundtrack of someone yelling things like “END THEM”!! and “TRUST IN YOUR FAITH”!!!

We’ll see.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
All the films became the same...

First the quest, then the journey, meet the monster, run away, big battle, run away, meet another monster, run away, biggger battle, run away, kill a different monster, run away, gianormous battle, run away, enormous birds appear from somewhere, run away, big bang, run away, meet the fairy princess, happy ending.

And there is a ring somewhere in all that. How they didn't drop it in all that running away is a minor miracle in itself.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As a life time lover of Tolkien's works this is going to be utter dogshit.

Travesty that a quintessential British literary masterpieces ended up in the hands of some no name American tossers who are more worried about diversity than treating Tolkien's works with the respect they deserve.

Tar-Míriel as described by Tolkien

"And last of all the mounting wave... took to its bosom Tar-Míriel the Queen, fairer than silver or ivory or pearls." — The Silmarillion, Akallabêth"

How some dumb arse Americans cast her...

Tar-Miriel-768x459.png

It's as if they were totally unaware that Tolkien created family trees for his works so as to show the lineage of many of his characters. This actress fits none of that lineage.

She looks like one of the Haradrim, not a Numenorean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here