Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
He we go Lamie...my 8th post in 5yrs...Ive woken up today and couldn't care less about MC. Hope the lads put in a good shift today but for me it's all about the league this season. I'm in my mid fifties and have never seen such a talented squad, so to see Brighton even challenging for a European spot and still in the FA cup in one season is as good as it gets for me for now. MC can wait till tomorrow...but for now...COME ON THE ALBION!!

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
So how does it work re agents? Does the selling club pay their commission or the buying club,or is it split? and who decides the rate of commission?for example could a player say " here's my agent he wants 30% of any transfer fee" can the club say piss off we'll only pay 1%?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So how does it work re agents? Does the selling club pay their commission or the buying club,or is it split? and who decides the rate of commission?for example could a player say " here's my agent he wants 30% of any transfer fee" can the club say piss off we'll only pay 1%?
Agents get:
1. Lump sum payments from the buying club, the numbers can be huge; and
2. Traditional-style cut/fees/commission from the player.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Does anyone else remember this article from the NYT from when were signing Caicedo?

I mention it because it talks about how difficult he was to sign due to his rights and representation being a total mess:

...many clubs that had been enticed by Caicedo’s enormous promise chose to walk away. Manchester United and Milan both decided not to become embroiled in a situation they deemed too knotty to unravel.

I'm not aware of anyone in the UK media pointing out that Brighton need to be compensated not just for the player, but for sorting all that mess out. Anyone could have signed him when we did, they just didn't have the stomach for the work involved.

Part of me wants Chelsea or someone else to come in with a £80-90m bid now. I feel like we need to send a message that, if you unsettle our players deliberately, you go to the back of the queue.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
See my last post, the last season proves as soon as players get to the level we are seeing they want to leave, how do we ever progress as a club when football is broken in such ways?

We are in our highest ever position at the half way point and our best player (IMO) has still had his head turned, and it will be the case forevermore, no point pretending we are suddenly going to sign another Moises who will be stay for years.
The future is not written yet though is it. Who knows what will happen. I would rather think positively. Each to their own though.

Who is to say that our way won’t work. It is the right way and we all know it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If a player doesn’t want to be at the club which he has made clear with the transfer request then the club need to sell him for as much as they can either now if his valuation is meet or in the summer even if that means he sits with the under 21’s until August after all if the reported wage he’s currently on is £3,500 per week and it’s 26 weeks until 1st August it would cost TB £91,000 which would be well worth the investment for the potential financial return after a summer bidding war

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
If a player doesn’t want to be at the club which he has made clear with the transfer request then the club need to sell him for as much as they can either now if his valuation is meet or in the summer even if that means he sits with the under 21’s until August after all if the reported wage he’s currently on is £3,500 per week and it’s 26 weeks until 1st August it would cost TB £91,000 which would be well worth the investment for the potential financial return after a summer bidding war
He's not on £3500/week....

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

I'm certain it won't come to that.

Arsenal have to come up with a ridiculous fee to buy him this winter. If they really have offered £70m, that is a massive fee for a relatively unproven player... but we still expect more this winter due to his importance to the team at this time. The ultimate question is whether they are prepared to fork up an astronomical fee or not... personally I think it's very unlikely, and he will be here for the rest of the season.

So assuming the transfer window closes and he's still here - there will surely be lots of discussions with the player, his agents and the club as to his future... and I fully expect him to come back into the first team, as if none of this has happened. It's in nobodys interests, particularly the player, if he spent the rest of the season out of the squad and/or in poor form.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A DULLARD will be able to provide better figures, but a run in Europe apart from the Champions League doesn’t bring in that much, takes its toll on extra fixtures and requires a larger squad with consequent effects on the wage bill. Selling Caicedo would probably bring in more. But I imagine TB values little old Albion qualifying for Europe as worth more than mere money, as I’m sure most of us do! (Because it isn’t our money)
The non-CL European leagues are also nice to qualify for in the sense that they would be the biggest opportunity to actually win a title. Usually the top English teams are in the CL instead, and usually also not a great risk to encounter the European giants. If Brighton would qualify for the EL, the club would be one of the favorites to win it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A DULLARD will be able to provide better figures, but a run in Europe apart from the Champions League doesn’t bring in that much, takes its toll on extra fixtures and requires a larger squad with consequent effects on the wage bill. Selling Caicedo would probably bring in more. But I imagine TB values little old Albion qualifying for Europe as worth more than mere money, as I’m sure most of us do! (Because it isn’t our money)
I get that 100% after all what’s the point if you don’t shoot for the stars. I was just trying to highlight the “up” parts of a sale. I’m a glass half full type of person I guess.

It’ll all sort itself out in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here