Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If Caicedo left would you be happy if biss came back on loan ?
It would make sense to me

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He’ll still be here on Feb 1st.

We will then see another social media post saying whilst he wants to play at the highest level possible he understands the clubs decision to keep him and he’ll try his best until the end of the season to help the club achieve their goal of European Football.

He’ll then go and continue to boss games for us until the end of the season, safe in the knowledge we won’t stand in his way in the summer.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
We didn’t get a big fee for Trossard. It wasn’t that much more than we paid for him and he’s a lot more accomplished now. And there was time on his contract.
Arsenal got the right end of that deal for sure.
Of course we’ve been the winners in other deals.
If we got £75m for a player who had played 26 PL games it’s another Albion win.
Swings and roundabouts.
If Trossard had two and a half years left on his contract, then maybe he might have gone for a bit over £30m, but I don't think he showed the consistency for many clubs to want to pay that for him.
We paid something like £20m, got a few years from him and added a few million on when we sold. Short of surgically replacing his legs with Kevin de Bruyne's I'm not sure we could do much more.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
We didn’t get a big fee for Trossard. It wasn’t that much more than we paid for him and he’s a lot more accomplished now. And there was time on his contract.
Arsenal got the right end of that deal for sure.
Of course we’ve been the winners in other deals.
If we got £75m for a player who had played 26 PL games it’s another Albion win.
Swings and roundabouts.
Ok. We got back what we paid for him and 3 and half years service
Answer the second part of my post. What were we we supposed to have done with him? Let him run down his contract and stink the place out? He had downed tools.
How much did we get for Biss?
Lol

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If Trossard had two and a half years left on his contract, then maybe he might have gone for a bit over £30m, but I don't think he showed the consistency for many clubs to want to pay that for him.
We paid something like £20m, got a few years from him and added a few million on when we sold. Short of surgically replacing his legs with Kevin de Bruyne's I'm not sure we could do much more.
Quite a think to consider us direct rivals to spurs but yes you are right

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Qualification for the Europa League group stage is worth £3.3 million. Every group game won pays approx £570,000. You'd get another million for winning the group, half that for finishing second.

The overall winners get about £8 million, £4 million for runners up. Beaten semi finalists get about £2 million with prize money approx halved for each round you go out earlier than that.

So if you won the thing with a 100% record in the group stage the maximum it could pay is £16 million, but you do automatically qualify for the Champions League group stage the next season which is worth about £150 million before you even play a match.

I wonder how much money a run in Europe would bring in? Perhaps selling Caicedo at top whack would be more beneficial (financially) to the club in the long run.

Qualifying for Europe is no way a given, even with Caicedo.

If he does get prized away from us it’ll be disappointing BUT the club is pretty good at finding players these days and £70/80m buys a lot. It wouldn’t be the absolute end of the world especially if he doesn’t want to be here.

*trying to look on the bright side
There is also other benefits that maybe aren't so obviously finance-based - we will be more appealing to a higher quality of player - those that want to prove themselves in european competition, those that maybe look to the big six for europe would be happy to be with us a bit longer. It improves the reputation of the club and we get seen as 'bigger' than we've previously been. Last year's top half finish stops being seen as a aberration, and was the start of a new stage in the club's existence. As well a the improved sponsorship deals etc previously noted, it also just makes us seem more appealing to potential players (and incrases the fan base).

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
As mentioned before, they need to bin the January transfer window. Why was it ever brought in? Surely loans can cover injuries etc. Or am I being thick?
I always remember something i read in my Shoot mag when i was young , Leeds won the 73/74 title with only using 17 players all season ! , no you`re not thick .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
RDZ interview then on ITV basically saying without actually saying that Moises is on his way.

"We will see tomorrow, and the day after what happens"
What an odd interpretation

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They seem to have strong links with Ecuador, Pervis follows them on Twitter but doesn’t appear to be in their books.
That makes some sense then. Obviously the Spanish language connection is important but I’m sure all of the big agencies could have provided that. Maybe they just take the lowest percentage 🤷‍♂️

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What an odd interpretation
Is that not just a way of saying that nothing’s certain until the transfer window closes? Just a statement of fact. I take m all this ‘he’s going nowhere’ stuff with a pinch of salt. If we get a good replacement lined up, he’s bound to go if we get the right offer. That’s such a big ‘if’, it’s still unlikely.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only TB can answer that , but i would like to think he sees our players in the same way we do , as a life long supporter i would guess he sees them improve themselves and the club , work hard to get us as far as possible . Obviously when the time comes for a sale he wants what is best for both the player and the club , i don`t think he is any different from the guy in the stands ( which of course he is one ) until a fee is broached and then he has to become the businessman that he is , again looking out for the club , but i don`t see him look at our players from the get go as "what can i get for him " other than not buying a 33 year old with no resale value at the end of a 4 year contract .
When “the time comes”, TB only has 100% focus on what’s best for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here