[Albion] Moder Injury

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Echo the get fit soon comments.

The way I see it, if we get anything out of him this season it's a bonus. The lad should be focusing on getting a full pre season under his belt and be raring to go for next season.
Yup. Would be nice to see him make a few minutes near the end of it but I think we should have zero expectations.

When the news of his backlash (= most likely the ACL was off again) during rehab came out in Poland, it was said that Albion had not exactly been delighted when he asked if he could do the rehab with some Polish wunder-doctor back in Poland. Hopefully he has stayed in England this time around.

Understandable if he might have pushed too hard too quick to get ready for the World Cup, no blame on the player.

Good thing these days are that about 95% of players get back from these injuries and the recurrence risk is only somewhere around 10% within the two first years, a lot lower than it used to be. Chances are mighty fine that he'll be back to his best eventually.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He could really shine as and when back to full fitness, under RDZ.

I bet chelsea are rubbing their hands together in anticipation.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yup. Would be nice to see him make a few minutes near the end of it but I think we should have zero expectations.

When the news of his backlash (= most likely the ACL was off again) during rehab came out in Poland, it was said that Albion had not exactly been delighted when he asked if he could do the rehab with some Polish wunder-doctor back in Poland. Hopefully he has stayed in England this time around.

Understandable if he might have pushed too hard too quick to get ready for the World Cup, no blame on the player.

Good thing these days are that about 95% of players get back from these injuries and the recurrence risk is only somewhere around 10% within the two first years, a lot lower than it used to be. Chances are mighty fine that he'll be back to his best eventually
Yes, plus he's young, being under 25 increases your chances of a full recovery hugely, plus although he's obviously he's a good athlete, he's not a player who based his game around explosive acceleration and sharp turning. Every reason to expect he'll be back to normal next season

Dec 29, 2011
Yes, plus he's young, being under 25 increases your chances of a full recovery hugely, plus although he's obviously he's a good athlete, he's not a player who based his game around explosive acceleration and sharp turning. Every reason to expect he'll be back to normal next season
Solly was a sick note until about 25 but I now can't remember the last time he was out injured. Hopefully Lamptey and Moder will go the same way.

I can really see Moder becoming a key player under RDZ if he pushes on over the next 3 years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I heard he had suffered a setback.
Assume he's out for this season at least.
A good source? As March / April is the club line latest…?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A good source? As March / April is the club line latest…?
I was corrected about this.
I misremembered a previous club statement about a second operation, which I took to be a setback.
Apparently it's common practice

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was corrected about this.
I misremembered a previous club statement about a second operation, which I took to be a setback.
Apparently it's common practice
Ah ok so we’re still thinking March / April as far as we in ow it seems - worth pointing out we’ve been doing really well without Moder and Mwepu available - makes it all the more impressive!

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Fantastic to see Jakub in the squad at the club's Dubai training camp, and still early days, but positive steps all the same. :)

FjJwA4EXEAIeZWp.jpeg

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Still can’t believe they made him walk off the pitch that day. Really hope this 2nd surgery works out well and he is back to normal next season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still can’t believe they made him walk off the pitch that day. Really hope this 2nd surgery works out well and he is back to normal next season
It doesn’t actually make any difference with that type of injury

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports