[Albion] Moder Injury

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I have no actual data to back this up, but feels like we have more than our fair share of these ‘long time out’ injuries. Sarmiento’s season got curtailed just when he was looking good, Lamptey still doesn’t look fit to me. Then you’ve got Sima, Webster have been out for large chunks. Izquierdo of course as well. Very damaging for sides on our sort of budget, as well as sad for the player of course

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Really gutted for him and the team. If we loose Bissouma in the summer I was excited for a Moder and Ali Mac combo in midfield with either a player ahead of them in games we need to push/chase or behind them when up against it. Ideal roles for Caicedo and Sarmiento. Huge loss but I guess opportunity for someone else to step up.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Webster is in training and Potter strongly hinted he'll be on the bench v Arsenal in todays press conference.

Interesting.

Webster was on 'The Football Show' on SSN yesterday, and was very non-committal about when he'll be ready. He seemed to be suggesting that it would still be quite a while.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting.

Webster was on 'The Football Show' on SSN yesterday, and was very non-committal about when he'll be ready. He seemed to be suggesting that it would still be quite a while.

"Adam Webster has made some progress, he might be involved (*) Adam Lallana's taken a step forward to being involved as well."

*early next season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
"Adam Webster has made some progress, he might be involved (*) Adam Lallana's taken a step forward to being involved as well."

He also said about Webster FWIW.
"We'll make a decision tomorrow, he's more likely to be in the squad than to start."

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I heard he had suffered a setback.
Assume he's out for this season at least.
He had a 2nd operation back in August. Club at the time communicated that this was normal for this type of injury. RDZ has talked of a Mar/Apr return which would be in line for about 10/11 months out. Not unusual for an ACL. Ask Solly March.
As for hearing anything else. We're all ears. If there was anything i'm sure the Polish press etc would be all over it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We all hear lots of things. The last I heard on Moder that I paid any attention to was when RDZ was asked on his recovery, who responded that he should be expected back around March.
What is your source?
Vague memory of a club statement on a setback, which I may have misunderstood, as per @chaileyjem 's post

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Echo the get fit soon comments.

The way I see it, if we get anything out of him this season it's a bonus. The lad should be focusing on getting a full pre season under his belt and be raring to go for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports