[Albion] Moder Injury

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 2719

All about load……..played a hard game midweek….

Staggered that they tried to take him around the pitch when he was very clearly unable to put any weight at all on his leg, and eventually got the stretcher anyway. Pisspoor from the medical team.
When I snapped my ACL, they made me walk from our goal around to the half way line to come back on........i was an invaluable player, so I can't fault them for that.:lolol:

My leg just kept giving out on me.
That finished my football days off.
Let's hope he is back, as he is a promising player IMO.

He could spend a night chatting with me, it might speed his recovery rate up.:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I may be mistaken but wasn't it that particular area of the pitch where Crofts and Teixeira picked up really nasty ones too?

I hope it's not cursed.

You illustrate an important point:

Often it's futile to seek for the cause of an 'effect'.

I hope the boy makes a full and speedy return. Probably time I stopped selecting him as my goalscorerer in the other fantasy league, though :facepalm:.

All the best [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION]. I hope your mojo isn't flagging.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I’m a consultant orthonologist and it won’t have made it any worse - the ligament doesn’t actually impact your ability to bare weight, so actually carefully walking round supported was no bad thing if he wasn’t in too much discomfort to do that, which he seemed happy to do initially. But you know, another stick and all that.

Obviously I bow to your superior knowledge, but they didn't know what the exact issue was at the time, plus he eventually ended up one a stretcher, which seems like best practice / common sense to me, particularly when you are dealing with a expensive asset.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Obviously I bow to your superior knowledge, but they didn't know what the exact issue was at the time, plus he eventually ended up one a stretcher, which seems like best practice / common sense to me, particularly when you are dealing with a expensive asset.

He did, I was replying to someone who called our medical team ‘incompetent’ - I was just pointing out it isn’t uncommon to see if someone can bare weight as it won’t make it any worse if they’re supported whether it’s ligament or cartilage - they’d have worked out nothing was broken.. They obviously felt he was in too much pain to walk any further. Had he been allowed to exit across the pitch he’d have probably made it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hate these injuries for any player. We may have to budget without him for next season. Hopefully he comes back as good and and more determined.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Gutted for the lad but if it’s one area we have got options, it’s midfield. If Dunk or Veltman were out long term I’d be shittting bricks

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
let me be the first to say.....

Upon his return, it'll be like a new Jan '23 signing

He's young enough to come back from such an injury and plenty of career left in front of him, but a setback for all concerned, none the less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports