Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK DINS want to sign Forster-Caskey permanently

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We should be looking to sell, but not to the Dongs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we go up, I can see us selling him with a 50%+ sell on clause.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am sure JFC wants first team football,if he feels that is not possible with us ,then i don't blame all parties concerned regarding his future. IMO I don't think anything will happen until the summer,and he will be loaned out ,until January at least.I would value him around 2.5 ml plus add ons .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When he had his first few games, and then was dropped by Gus, he was hailed as a star and those that disliked Gus used JFC's abscence to castigate the JEC, even though we ended up in the playoffs.

When he had a long run of games last season, and was off the pace at times, he was used as a means to slag off Hyppia/Hughton. Those same people either ignored or were ignorant of March,Crofts and Stephens being injured, and so the alternatives (Gardner, Holla, Ince) were fairly moderate too.

He's not lived up to the initial hopes (enter in the file called Jake Robinson), but he's still young, and perhaps it is too early to write him off, unless you get a vicarious thrill from putting anyone and everyone down.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

A classic example of how small-sample stats can be misleading. He played 4 minutes at Fulham, his sole League appearance for us this season, but his fantastic through ball to Kaz won the penalty that gained us 2 points. Not reflected in the stats. The stats also conclude that finishing is a weakness for him. The stats were not at Doncaster 2 years ago for that Howitzer!

PG

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why is it that when one of our squad who is not a regular 1st teamer and is disliked by some of NSC 's finest, that as soon as a transfer is mentioned we get 'I'll drive him there myself' attitude. I'll admit that he is not always 7 or 8 out of 10 but the management think highly of him (so I am told). He is still a youngster so has time on his side to improve. I say don't get rid, keep.

You get that attitude at every club.

It made interesting reading on the Bristol City forum that was linked on this site earlier in the week when we were all raving about their number 15, Freeman and they had been giving him low marks in their match day ratings (around a 6 - tough crowd) and gave an 8 to some players that i for one, never even noticed were on the pitch let alone wonder who their number XX was.

Maybe it's the same with JFC, some people see and like what he does (like at MK Dons seemingly but also a lot of managers too) and then others don't and see him as an easy target (so low marks in the ratings like quite a few do on here)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They can't afford him (even though plenty on here, would 'drive him there themselves', if they offered £100).

Market value for an English player of his age, with his International caps and his 100 or so Championship games under his belt, must be a minimum of £3m.

Doubt they'll be prepared to pay it.

Think we need to wait until the summer. If we're still in the Championship, we should keep hold of him and extend his contract. If not, we probably need to sell him. Either way, it's great to see he's doing well at MK Dons and is wanted. This really is one of the most encouraging things about this season compared to last. We haven't got loan players, we've got players out on loan and they're doing well. There's a long-term strategy, rather than a back-of-fag-packet panic.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Decent player, who is young and will get better.

If the fee is right, though, and includes a SUBSTANTIAL sell on clause, then the economics of the deal could be attractive to us.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If Stephens isn't fit for Reading I'd have JFC back in a heartbeat. I'm by no means his biggest fan but he's been playing regular 90 minutes and we need that. You could tell Crofts and Ince weren't match fit as the game went on.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
No thanks

I think that's a little harsh. I would have liked to have seen in the middle today with Crofts. As has been said Ince really struggled today and is not a CM in a 4-4-2 whereas I think JFC would have played well in there. Not only do Kayal and Stephens make good tackles but they have some creativity and can play neat forward football. Whilst not of the same caliber, JFC can drive forward in a way that seems beyond Ince who excels sitting in front of the two centre halves.

I still believe JFC has a future at this club and a direct 4-4-2 would suit him down to the ground. Too many people's opinions of him have been jaundiced by Hyypia's crazy tactics and the more cautious approach adopted by Garcia. In my view for a 4-4-2 I would rate:

Kayal = Stephens > Crofts > JFC > Holla > Ince.

Sits back and expects a flaming... :whistle:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He'd be 4th choice behind Crofts for a few months I think yes but should race past him when comes back with his experience from the loan. Ince plays a very different role and Holla just doesn't 'click'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here