Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK DINS want to sign Forster-Caskey permanently

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I wonder if anyone else like me is beginning to get heartily sick of the morons who can only denigrate players.
Constructive criticism sure and right Royal slagging offs for individual poor performances are de rigeur but a lot of it is just plain mindless and snide. It's cost us players in the past and with the power of social media it's only going to get worse

Well said.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder if anyone else like me is beginning to get heartily sick of the morons who can only denigrate players.
Constructive criticism sure and right Royal slagging offs for individual poor performances are de rigeur but a lot of it is just plain mindless and snide. It's cost us players in the past and with the power of social media it's only going to get worse

I agree, but happily we are getting to the stage where there are fewer and fewer players that qualify for the NSC collective slagging.

On that point, though, a comment by a Forest season ticket holder I know is that O'Grady is very, very close to being in his worst ever Forest XI ( seen over many years ).

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'd pick him over Crofts, Ince and Holla for Saturday. All are devoid of match fitness and sharpness and I'm yet to be convinced that Ince can play in a 2 man central midfield. Like him or not, JFC is fitter, sharper than the aforementioned and better suited than Ince to the system we currently play. I'd hope to see him line up with Kayal if Stephens is still out.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Put it this way - i would rather have Ince in any formation over JFC

JFC is a far better footballer than Ince, just never quite fitted into previous formations as he is much more creative than he is defensive. In our current formation JFC would be very good cover for Stephens from the bench.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The odd thing I've found with JFC is that when we use him as an attacking midfielder and he is criticised for (supposedly?) under performing, his more vocal defenders claim he needs to play in a more defensive role, like he does for England. When we use him as a defensive midfielder and he is criticised for (supposedly?) under performing, his more vocal defenders claim he needs to play in a more attacking role, like he does for England.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The odd thing I've found with JFC is that when we use him as an attacking midfielder and he is criticised for (supposedly?) under performing, his more vocal defenders claim he needs to play in a more defensive role, like he does for England. When we use him as a defensive midfielder and he is criticised for (supposedly?) under performing, his more vocal defenders claim he needs to play in a more attacking role, like he does for England.

His best games for us have been when he is pushed further forward, Southampton home for example.

IMO he is not good enough at tackling or quick enough to play as a holding or defensive midfielder.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
A lot will depend upon who he plays alongside, last seasons team was not the best environment for anyone to flourish, let alone a young central midfielder. In the current squad he would be good on the bench to come on as the 3rd CM like Crofts did against Leeds. Having Stephens and Kayal alongside him would take the pressure off so he can do what he's best at and pick the right balls through to Baldock/Hemed/Zamora.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
If either Stevens or Kyal aren't playing I think JFC is a better option than Stephens, Ince or Holla (jury still slightly out on Holla as I have not seen enough of him but if he didn't make it into the team last Sat........)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely agree with you. Now I advise you to run for cover - I got flamed a few months ago for saying pretty much exactly the same thing!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
His best games for us have been when he is pushed further forward, Southampton home for example.

IMO he is not good enough at tackling or quick enough to play as a holding or defensive midfielder.

Bang on. He's never been a holding midfielder and his worst/most anonymous games for the U21's have been when playing there (like, for instance, in the European Championships).
He's an attacking midfielder with a keen eye for a pass and a shot. Not flairy, but enthusiastic and willing. I think he's played in that role for us about five times in his 100 or so appearances. Hence the issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here