Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK DINS want to sign Forster-Caskey permanently

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
£1miĺlion, plus add-on's. Although Mr Barber is far better at these things than me.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
£1miĺlion, plus add-on's. Although Mr Barber is far better at these things than me.

I'd love it to be more, but I think a Mill is about what we'd get. I like the lad, and he has behaved impeccably, unlike a couple of others that spring to mind. For me he has never been dynamic enough, but gives of his best. I'd prefer we got some dosh to perhaps to put toward buying a midfielder with prem experience. We have through history got good value and benefitted from those type of acquisitions from Jimmy Case, Bridge, etc right through to our present Bobby. Bearing in mind the club have finally shown their commitment to Premier footy we need players that can make that upward step. Sadly IMO Cask isn't quite up to the Prem.....and if it turns out I'm wrong I'll be pleased for him. He's always been loyal, my guess is he's disappointed he hasn't made it here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some people didn't think we'd get an offer of £5 million for Dunk, who hasn't got an international cap.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Ha...It was like all those duffers on here who thought we would get 3 or more million for Barn Door Barnes.......JFC would go for 250k plus add ons I reckon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ha...It was like all those duffers on here who thought we would get 3 or more million for Barn Door Barnes.......JFC would go for 250k plus add ons I reckon.
Barnes had only 6 months left on his contract.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Unreal, bad season last year along with many others and now written off by the majority, England under 21 midfielder with quite a lot of championship experience and people think he's only worth 2m? (Some even less)

I really can't even begin, I give up.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Might need him at some stage in the season if Kayal and Stephens pick up injuries. He maybe more influential in the 442 system than the previous systems.
If we need him for more than the odd game in dire emergency, then we won't be challenging.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Madness to sell him. He has a real future here and his worth will only increase.
Massively more skilful than Ince who currently gets the nod simply because he offers "something different" but in a year or so as our squad ages he has the ability to be automatic Match day 18 if not always starting

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sell and we are fools. Forget last season. However if In January you said the Albion would sign A Regualr u21 who has olayed 100 first team games would you not jump at the chance to. Just because he doesnt fit today. Does not
Mean he wont in January or next season.

Too many people wanted too much too soon. He is still growing as a player and I hope its with us. Anyone who
Says otherwise probably also hated barnes, thought stockdale was shit, greer is past it and we should have sold stephans to Derby.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
So let me get this right.....
England international with under 21 caps galore and worth 2/3 million as many say.....Can't get into our first team squad or on the bench mmmmm.
Don't be so deluded....He's not good enough and he's worth nowhere near a million.Id sell him in a flash for 400/500k with add ons just in case a miracle happens and he turns out half decent...unlikely though.

Agree entirely. Never rated him and never will, he glides about the pitch not really doing a lot and never saw that much improvement and Hughton must agree hence why he's now at his level in League 1.
If we got 1 million or more, that would represent great value.

The under 21 stuff just represents how severely lacking we must be in that position in this country and unbelievably he's one step away from a full international call up which is frightening!

He was part of the weak link in the team last season amongst others and it just shows now what a centre midfield pairing should be like, with him in the team we were lightweight and It astounds me that anyone should think he should be back here playing.....can these people tell me where he'd play as I still have no idea what his position is and where his strength is!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If you mean 'More realistic than some of the daft figures touted on here', I would agree with you. Whether CH and TB decide to sell is up to them, of course. I will trust their judgement. Not all youth and junior internationals develop on to become the real deal; some do, some don't. I don't know which category JFC will fall into - this sort of thing is where CH will earn his corn by guessing right !

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Agree entirely. Never rated him and never will, he glides about the pitch not really doing a lot and never saw that much improvement and Hughton must agree hence why he's now at his level in League 1.
If we got 1 million or more, that would represent great value.

The under 21 stuff just represents how severely lacking we must be in that position in this country and unbelievably he's one step away from a full international call up which is frightening!

He was part of the weak link in the team last season amongst others and it just shows now what a centre midfield pairing should be like, with him in the team we were lightweight and It astounds me that anyone should think he should be back here playing.....can these people tell me where he'd play as I still have no idea what his position is and where his strength is!

At his level in league 1? Really?
I'm certain mk dons are in the championship. Have they mysteriously sub loaned him to a league 1 side

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't rate him any higher than 'has potential to be a good Championship player' in honesty, but I certainly wouldn't let him go on the cheap. I would take £2 million and a 25% sell-on clause at bare minimum, but there is literally no way MK will pay that. Winkleman has made his money, I can't see him investing any more of what I believe must have gone into his pocket from the retail space he sold at the stadium/sales of Baldock/Alli/Galloway etc. Have they even signed a player for more than £250k, let alone £2,500,000?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not since they were known as Wimbledon by the looks of things. Lots of undisclosed fees and free transfers but doubt any were big

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15721

From the MK Forum.

I'd take what they say with a PALMFUL of salt though. I did work with the club whilst at uni in the area and was involved with their fans a lot. I've genuinely never met a fanbase so clueless about the game. I'd rather have a conversation with a Palace or Reading fan about the game than this lot.

I tried to like them just to fill my time at uni really as I got free tickets at the time, but the fans were just utter mongos which made it quite tough.4

"Jake forced a car seat,
Through his bedroom window,
It landed with a resounding thud,
Onto the high street down below.

Quite why he had a car seat in his possession,
Remains a puzzling mystery.
He must've torn it out of his family car,
But how, that's bemusing me.

In the meantime there was chaos,
This seat had damaged the pavement.
The market inspector was furious,
It landed just inches from his head.

He yelled, 'Mr Forster-Caskey, does this seat belong to you,
Because if it does, you won't know what's hit you'.
But the Brighton lad was revelling in his mirth, he was absolutely loving this,
The market inspector was so insincere he was really taking the piss.

Jake shouted back: 'oi, baldy patch, don't you know who I am,
I'm a professional footballer, I earn ten times what you do.
And what's more, grandad, I can see your worry lines,
And I don't want you near me, you're sure to be carrying the flu!"

Jake was only making things worse, and what about the seat,
He had already caused great damage and nearly knocked someone out.
But he was on a roll, he knew he would get away with it,
Because being a professional footballer, he could cuss and yell and shout.

So that was the tale of Master Forster-Caskey, and the market inspector from Hove,
And the incident with the ripped out car seat damaging the pavement.
So early next morning he phoned the gaffer,
'I'm injured cos I threw a car seat, and now I'm ****ing spent!'"

:shootself :shootself :shootself

It's like summarising the difficulties of living with autism in one easy, ****ing stupid "song" (I guess).

Last edited:

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15721

From the MK Forum.

I'd take what they say with a PALMFUL of salt though. I did work with the club whilst at uni in the area and was involved with their fans a lot. I've genuinely never met a fanbase so clueless about the game. I'd rather have a conversation with a Palace or Reading fan about the game than this lot.

I tried to like them just to fill my time at uni really as I got free tickets at the time, but the fans were just utter mongos which made it quite tough.4

"Jake forced a car seat,
Through his bedroom window,
It landed with a resounding thud,
Onto the high street down below.

Quite why he had a car seat in his possession,
Remains a puzzling mystery.
He must've torn it out of his family car,
But how, that's bemusing me.

In the meantime there was chaos,
This seat had damaged the pavement.
The market inspector was furious,
It landed just inches from his head.

He yelled, 'Mr Forster-Caskey, does this seat belong to you,
Because if it does, you won't know what's hit you'.
But the Brighton lad was revelling in his mirth, he was absolutely loving this,
The market inspector was so insincere he was really taking the piss.

Jake shouted back: 'oi, baldy patch, don't you know who I am,
I'm a professional footballer, I earn ten times what you do.
And what's more, grandad, I can see your worry lines,
And I don't want you near me, you're sure to be carrying the flu!"

Jake was only making things worse, and what about the seat,
He had already caused great damage and nearly knocked someone out.
But he was on a roll, he knew he would get away with it,
Because being a professional footballer, he could cuss and yell and shout.

So that was the tale of Master Forster-Caskey, and the market inspector from Hove,
And the incident with the ripped out car seat damaging the pavement.
So early next morning he phoned the gaffer,
'I'm injured cos I threw a car seat, and now I'm ****ing spent!'"

:shootself :shootself :shootself

It's like summarising the difficulties of living with autism in one easy, ****ing stupid "song" (I guess).

Sussex Uni have a lot to answer for if they have damaged someone that much.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think that pretty much sums up all the people saying get rid of him right there. You don't even know what division he is playing in.

Let me guess, you were one of the people who also said Barnes was a league 1 striker at best?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here