Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I only asked, because they covered that government bill this afternoon.

Regarding women, instead of me picking on the police at today’s protests, I’m genuinely far more interested and always have been in women’s safety from sexual predators. In my 20’s a couple of girlfriends had in their past been stranger raped, one in Brighton, the other a french girl attacked in a french city.

I know you’ll be fully aware, that these are life changing events, victims never forget.

I’ll also extend this to males (kids and young men) raped.

What can be changed for the better?

I honestly don’t know. A change in attitudes, but how do you do that?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The social media age seems to result in the deaths of people being used for political agendas.

These women clashing with police - they're not people who knew the deceased. They're feminists using her death to protest their misandrist agenda.

This is not how to pay respect to someone who was murdered. Shame on them.

It certainly wasn't a vigil by the those shouting. Many there I'm sure wanted to show solidarity and pay respect but again we see those with a political agenda ruin it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I think troublemakers are constantly poised ready to hijack any cause going. I’ve been on demos in the past (one hijacked by anarchists who thankfully just stopped traffic rather than caused violence) but I wouldn’t go on one now. These people are very organised and can turn violent quickly.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Is it not political?
Is protest only okay if it doesn't actually try and address the real issue?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Is it not political?
Is protest only okay if it doesn't actually try and address the real issue?

A protest needs a cause and a reason.

If you attract people for whom the cause is irrelevant and the reason is just aggro then you have a problem. I’m not talking about tempers fraying and flare ups occurring, I’m talking about sinister sets of people who seem to have more in common with football hooligans than protestors of old.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Great article, yes there's certainly questions to be asked but away from this and done properly.

I wanted to post earlier but wasn't sure of the response. If this had happened to one of my family or friends I'd be livid that their murder had been turned in to a reason for the demonstrations of the like tonight. As always it will become a circus.

There's far more common causes for women being murdered and this one, though horrendous, is rare. We need to look at the main causes, which we know is domestic violence.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As a local , I 100% do not agree this event should have taken place tonight. Won't post the circumstances on here but "lockdown breakers" have driven me nuts over the last year.

However under the circumstances the police should have kept well away and taken a light touch.

Let us criticise us those who have broken the rules in our own way. The Police wading in and grabbing women at this time is really not a good look, neither appropriate or with proportion. Helicopters flying over the common from this afternoon, Police stationed outside the tube stations, really ?

The police in London are very bad at controlling their own image, especially when something has potentially and allegedly gone very wrong within their own ranks.

Today's events have reminded me of the aftermath of the Stockwell Tube shooting. Some will say the Police can't win, but there are not there to "win".

Just keep us safe and act intelligently, none of which happened tonight.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fairly predictable and utterly depressing that some who will support the footy lads right to piss on memorials and cause havoc in central London don't think that violent attacks on women is an actual cause.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Fairly predictable and utterly depressing that some who will support the footy lads right to piss on memorials and cause havoc in central London don't think that violent attacks on women is an actual cause.

I didnt notice anyone on here saying they dont think violent attacks on women is an actual cause

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No, no-one did.

Some people read what they want to read and not what’s actually there.

You said it.

A protest needs a cause and a reason.

If you attract people for whom the cause is irrelevant and the reason is just aggro then you have a problem. I’m not talking about tempers fraying and flare ups occurring, I’m talking about sinister sets of people who seem to have more in common with football hooligans than protestors of old.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I didnt notice anyone on here saying they dont think violent attacks on women is an actual cause

No, no-one did.

Some people read what they want to read and not what’s actually there.

And yet there are posts condemning the protesters instead of the attack.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
And yet there are posts condemning the protesters instead of the attack.

You said there are, “some who will support the footy lads right to piss on memorials and cause havoc in central London don't think that violent attacks on women is an actual cause.”

Now you’re saying that you were actually talking about posters saying that people shouldn’t protest during lockdown.

That’s one hell of a goalpost shift.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Cant the attack and an aspect of the ‘protest be condemned...I do.

Of course.

But that's not how some of the more triggered posts read. There are one or two on here who won't pipe up for a second when attacks on minorities or the weak occur but are all over it like a rash when people complain.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Yes this article is good and what is said in it is correct. The issue is that during history there is normally one act, when people say enough is enough and all the anger they feel about an injustice finally manifests it’s self somehow. In this instance a women has been murdered and even more shockingly a police officer has been charged with her murder. It’s probably true that a lot of women there were not there just to show respect. They are probably just sick of reading about women being abused in their homes because of domestic violence and sometimes murdered because their partner sees them as their possession. The sick *unts that prey on children and the sexual assaults on women that regularly go unpunished. How do you make it stop?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here