Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Can’t believe a thread about a young woman being kidnapped and killed in some unspeakable fashion has somehow descended in the usual suspects playing post tennis for no other reason than they dislike the other person.

And now it has been moved to the bear bit. Shame on all those who derailed this thread.... bunch of pricks.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
https://twitter.com/EssexTory/status/1371119150656016403?s=20

More videos like this are coming out, can you blame the police for arresting her? Taking her mask down and shouting in his face whilst he remains calm.

Far too easy to blame the police completely here.

Of course it is. I’m genuinely suprised at some insinuating here that the police are being heavy handed because it’s women, or related to women’s rights. This poor woman is obviously very effected but hurling abuse at a policeman is not right.

1) this wasn’t authorised to go ahead. We’re in lockdown, so there’s a lot of people breaking the law to begin with. What happened to clap the NHS stay home save lives?

2) this is hardly a “peaceful vigil”. See above. It’s completely politicised by activists shouting abuse at police, out to further their cause, not to attend a quiet vigil to mark their respects for a tragic murder victim.

Before anyone looks to score points, I feel the same about the gathering in Glasgow as well. But I daresay the circumstances are probably quite different (delirious Rangers fans celebrating in unison vs a very angry hostile crowd (naturally) emotional to the tragedy). In either case it’s still not right.

As someone rightly mentioned, no one has an issue with the vigil itself, but why not wait for when lockdown is over and laws aren’t being broken? Protecting public health and hence not putting honest coopers in this situation. They have to uphold the law. They’re hardly attending this to suppress women’s rights.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And now it has been moved to the bear bit. Shame on all those who derailed this thread.... bunch of pricks.

Is in the pit now? Ugh. I'm certainly no stranger to the pit but not for subjects like this. For that reason, I'm oot.

D

Deleted member 22389

It’s not pro lockdown at all. It’s entirely the opposite. We’re approaching the end of this one and I do not want another nationwide lockdown.

I don’t want to covid to spread, i don’t want more people to die. I want everyone’s lives to go back to normal. To go to weddings and funerals, to have jobs to go back to and for our economy to recover. This is in all of interests.

That’s why it’s vital people play their part and respect lockdown and social distancing. We’re almost there, let’s not jeopardise it now.

I agree, let's not screw this up. The next 2-3 weeks are crucial.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I was at the Clapham Common bandstand during the day and again last night. In the afternoon it was solemn and emotional with people silently paying respects. In the evening, a large crowd assembled again peacefully and taking care re distancing and masks. If the police had negotiated with the women of Reclaim The Streets who first proposed the vigil, it would probably have been a quiet one and over by 7pm.

However banning it made more people turn up I reckon. The coppers on duty were in hi vis and when told to move in on the bandstand, it just didn't look good. Their presence ("shame on you") wound up the crowd. A huge male officer towered over a small young woman, apparently trying to stop her speaking about Sarah Everard. Given that one of their number is in a cell charged with abducting & murdereing Sarah nearby, this gave all the wrong signals. And it was weirdly backlit giving a horror film feel! The crowd which was predominantly younger women chanted to "let her speak". The police seemed to symbolise danger and aggression not safety. Whoever made the key decisions made a huge error of judgement.

Individual police I spoke with realised that it didn't look good but they were just doing what they were told. I asked them to pass my thoughts up the chain of command. With the heavy handed presence, it was always going to end badly. I left expecting to see the usual mendacious headlines re rioters on the news so was pleasantly surprised by the fairly accurate reporting so far.

I suspect the ban also attracted some more activistic anti-police attendees, but the gathering was basically peaceful and did not require ten police vans and a helicopter buzzing overhead. The police presence inflamed the situation badly. I am hoping that this febrile moment and media attention might actually lead to some useful change in the way the State operates in such situations and in the wider field of violence against women.

well done for trying to reason with the pillocks..:thumbsup:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sometimes I wonder....

Is it really appropriate to put a thread about the killing of a young woman to the bear pit? If a topic like this isn't deemed worthy of the main board, might as well banish all non-footie related threads here.

Sad sign of the times.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Not a sniff from anyone about young women being raped by grooming gangs though
Regards
DF

Give your head a wobble mate, this has nothing to do with Scottish football coaches.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

Jan 30, 2008
Apparently organised by Sisters Uncut: a feminist group. They also interrupted the premiere for a film about Suffragettes, poured blood into the fountain at Trafalgar Square, and blocked Westminster Bridge on previous occasions.

I get the impression that militant groups are poised ready to kick off when a pretext arrives.

Of course they are, all the men hating feminists and the rent a mob are queueing up
Regards
DF

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
was peaceful daytime then the activists turned up to goad the old bill.

That women who was all over the tv , the one who was pictured in all the papers.

Actor and activist. Been in similar looking pics before.

Shame on those turning up to create anarchy and take away from the death of someone

the state of the nation .....no immigrant heads in there was there ..?? just bored , middle class ****whitts and the old bill reacted with vigour .....hunger games is just round the corner..martial rule soon .....pathetic. and a propper ****ing idiot in charge too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apparently organised by Sisters Uncut: a feminist group. They also interrupted the premiere for a film about Suffragettes, poured blood into the fountain at Trafalgar Square, and blocked Westminster Bridge on previous occasions.

I get the impression that militant groups are poised ready to kick off when a pretext arrives.
Must be awful for you to see this, I sense your fear.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

this is the problem and alot of these militant groups over lap. Got a voice at the moment as to go against it makes you racist / sexist / against diversity etc

Bit like religion where a discussion about it get accused of all sorts. Left wing extremists are running the show at the moment.

Role on the pubs where we can all get back to being working class males and away from dictatorship media telling us how outraged we should be.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Individual police I spoke with realised that it didn't look good but they were just doing what they were told.

Sorry but that is not an acceptable excuse. The job of the police's is to protect the public and do what is 'right' for the public NOT to do what their 'higher ups' says. What if the order had been to baton charge them would it still have been ok because they were just obeying orders?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here